Flying Blue Hotels (Points Hound) Miles earnings

Old Apr 28, 19, 6:30 am
siw
Original Poster

Programs: AF-KL FB Plat.
Flying Blue Hotels (Points Hound) Miles earnings

The Flying Blue Hotels (https://www.flyingblue.co.uk/en/part...s/presentation) webpage takes you to website to search for hotels. Here is shows the usual hotel booking information and how many Miles will be earned. I found a hotel for a summer holiday for 9 nights and it said it will earn 17,400 Miles in total. I then logged in with my FB details (since they did not get transfered from the FB website) and the earned Miles dropped to 7,400.

What gives? Is this more of Flying Blue Reinvented's idiocy to reduce their membership amount, just as with giving reduced Miles on AF/KL (revenue based) tickets over SkyTeam parters (distance/bonus based) tickets? They are saying "be a FB member and we'll give you less".
Old Apr 28, 19, 3:46 pm

Programs: Flying Blue
When you book it states the 10.000 Miles bonus can take quite a lot of time for they are added to your account.
Old Apr 30, 19, 1:28 am

Programs: Gold: Flying blue / Silver: Club Accor
Originally Posted by siw View Post

What gives? Is this more of Flying Blue Reinvented's idiocy to reduce their membership amount, just as with giving reduced Miles on AF/KL (revenue based) tickets over SkyTeam parters (distance/bonus based) tickets? They are saying "be a FB member and we'll give you less".
It depends , the final amount of miles is showed when you select the hotel/room/flat

maybe there is a special offer for new members or for your first booking.

Quite often you will see earnings drop when you select an hotel (for unknown reasons)

pointshound is not managed by flying blue , but by points.com , which is partner with many frequent flyer programs , not only flying blue

Last edited by fifty_two; Apr 30, 19 at 2:04 am
Old Apr 30, 19, 6:03 am

Programs: AFKL Gold, A3 Gold
... And keep in mind that hotel rates are often the standard 'retail' price or sometimes even higher.

When going through booking.com/expedia/hotels.com or similar you will almost always find lower rates. At the least make sure that you compare and check around - it would be a waste to pay (a lot?) extra just for some miles.
Old Apr 30, 19, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios View Post
... And keep in mind that hotel rates are often the standard 'retail' price or sometimes even higher.

When going through booking.com/expedia/hotels.com or similar you will almost always find lower rates. At the least make sure that you compare and check around - it would be a waste to pay (a lot?) extra just for some miles.
it depends , its not always/often the case , each provider negotiate prices separately with these websites

So , as you said , he should compare as you suggested and see which choice is better

However keep in mind that not all properties are available through all web platforms at the same time

pointshound Is good if you use it frequently and target high mile earnings hotels/flats
Old Apr 30, 19, 10:06 am
siw
Original Poster

Programs: AF-KL FB Plat.
I compared all the usual hotel sites and the hotel and dates for me gave the same prices. I booked with PointsHound as they gave the highest amount of FB Miles. It's just the PointsHound gave 17,400 Miles but when I logged in with my FB details that dropped to 7,400 Miles. I access PointsHounds and booking.com via the FB website so that I can get FB Miles and I usally find PointsHound give higher Miles. It's all booked now.
Old Sep 5, 19, 8:12 am

Programs: Flying blue Gold
I booked a hotel in Nassau with Points hound and it showed I will get 32,900 miles! (think they made a mistake!) Looked today at same hotel and it shows only 1,600 miles! Bit of a difference.
Hoping they will honour my original booking and give me 32,900 miles!

Last edited by Milly67; Sep 5, 19 at 8:14 am Reason: grammar
Old Sep 6, 19, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by Milly67 View Post
I booked a hotel in Nassau with Points hound and it showed I will get 32,900 miles! (think they made a mistake!) Looked today at same hotel and it shows only 1,600 miles! Bit of a difference.
Hoping they will honour my original booking and give me 32,900 miles!
the amount of miles you will receive is what you have in the booking confirmation

some very expensive hotels can earn you lot of miles

Search this Thread