CSA (SmartWings) customer service

Old Apr 26, 2019, 1:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue
CSA (SmartWings) customer service

On 15 march 2019 I flew AMS-PRG with OK619 which was operated by Smartwings.
Expected departure would have been 19:45 but we left at 22:18.
Expected arrival would have been 21:20 but we arrived at 23:14

Reason : it was a complete chaos with seat-assignments. Staff of Schiphol was keeping the plane at the gate because of double-seat-assignments.

I upgraded myself and my daugther to Business class but we were dissapointed. (AMS-PRG)
BC in the B737-9 (OK-TSI) was just an economy seat and other people were even moved to BC because of the seat-assignment issues.
On the way back PRG-AMS we were sitting in economy but this plane (B737-8, OK-TVW) was different in BC with much more space.

On the way back we had 27 minutes delay. Not a big deal but the captain said we were delayed because of the plane from AMS to PRG was already delayed so we couldn't leave earlier. This was not true since the plane came in from CDG to PRG on time.
In PRG they made the checkin very complicated which caused a lot of delay.

Overall : bad experience and I complained via email and twitter to CSA but the only stupid answer I got was :

"thank you for your email.

We cooperate with Smartwings and use their planes. Unfortunately few days before your flight, Smartwings were forced to ground the planes Boeing 737-Max 8 and they have to change the planes on some of the flights. It affected us as well. That is why there were problems with several flights.

We apologize for any troubles caused and we are sorry that you don’t wnat to use our services anymore."

I replied this was not true but no reaction anymore. Also Skyteam member KLM couldn't help and they point me to CSA. Of course the delay is within the 3 hour-EU-rules for compensation but this is not how I would expect Customer Service to act.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 5:19 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
yes ... and ??

OK is owned by smartwings , its a low-cost airline with prices of a legacy airline , so no surprise you were disappointed by business class

Last edited by fifty_two; Apr 26, 2019 at 5:50 am
Old Apr 26, 2019, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by fifty_two
yes ... and ??

OK is owned by smartwings , its a low-cost airline with prices of a legacy airline , so no surprise you were disappointed by business class
Don't agree. I booked via CSA website. Why should I expect bad customer service with a low-cost ? I also used Easyjet recently to VIE and it was a great flight with very friendly people and no issues at all.
I would expect Skyteam would also act on complaints of one of their members
Old Apr 26, 2019, 8:29 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by kevertje
Don't agree. I booked via CSA website. Why should I expect bad customer service with a low-cost ? I also used Easyjet recently to VIE and it was a great flight with very friendly people and no issues at all.
Many czech airlines flights are operated by smartwings , if it was planned like this you could/should see this information during booking but its not very easy to spot it

I dont say that you should expect a bad customer service with a low cost , but i just explained to you the situation with OK . You are not the only one , trust me , things get so bad that i started to avoid them

The ground service is prague has been mostly outsourced since company became private

Originally Posted by kevertje
here is a website for you = https://www.airlinequality.com/airli...czech-airlines
kevertje likes this.

Last edited by fifty_two; Apr 26, 2019 at 8:46 am
Old Apr 27, 2019, 12:34 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Every Czech Airlines flight is op by Smart Wings now except ATR services. Smart Wings company hires short term crew for summer season and these people are not trained to provide any good customer service because they think "premium" PRG-AMS, PRG-CDG is the same for them as PRG-HER/AYT or whatever they operate mostly and daily.They are not passionate, they do not know the business and they don't know how to deal with high-paid customers in Y let alone in J. The problem is in people (CC) on board, some ex CSA crew are however great. Thats just sad reality. And yes, I agree that SkyTeam should do something about it. PS: Ground service at PRG is always professional and smooth.
droso likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 5:44 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
In Europe, short-haul business class seats are the same as economy seats across many airlines. They'll just block the middle seat (if there are 3 seats next to each other).
Old Apr 27, 2019, 6:08 pm

Programs: AZ Executive (STE+) - FB Silver (STÉ)- Lounge Key
STE+ based in PRG - I try to avoid them

Living in Prague and often flying out to CDG, I try to avoid CSA as much as I can. Here are the reasons:
- Systematic huge delays (30min -3 hours), let’s compare AF and OK on Flightradar24 to get an idea.

- no free assignment for STE+. You can be SkyPriority but seated 24E...

- For some flights, no SP boarding dedicated holding pen.
- Old Smartwings aircrafts operating the routes

- most Intra EU tickets don’t qualify in FFP unless you buy a ST code share at an indecent price for the service you get. Their website doesn’t not reflect any info about the Booking class.

- terrible customer service...

- extensive outsourcing of the ground services leading to deteriorated quality of service (Menzies Lounge instead of Erste Premier in PRG T2 is an example)

- strict carry-on policy with GA strictly policing over the lobby even before boarding starts.

- not decent BoB / free food. You will only get ŕ Czech newpaper and a glass of water.

- CDG: departing from 2D low cost terminal with a very limited space airside, with a lounge looking like a mere waiting room. (Sheltair Lounge with no guest allowed). All Schengen ST flights departing from CDG are located in 2F... so both quality and quick connecting possibilities are sacrificed.

only good point: nice young looking FA, maybe, cheap fares sometimes and to get my SkyTeam perks, for the time they will remain in the alliance....

On the other side, OK starts to include in their fleet with their legacy livery some QS aircrafts. See OK-TST aircraft.
Maybe some eye wash measure at the time, or new strategy later.

Last edited by catsniper75; Apr 27, 2019 at 6:20 pm
Old Apr 28, 2019, 10:10 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by catsniper75
only good point: nice young looking FA
FA aren't here to please your eyes.
Please read: https://medium.com/@HeatherPoole/whe...n-754dcaab79e6
adancau likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 12:10 pm

Why is this relevant for Flying Blue/AF/KL
Old Apr 28, 2019, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by Mirk
FA aren't here to please your eyes.
Please read: https://medium.com/@HeatherPoole/whe...n-754dcaab79e6
my advice? do not take every comment too seriously...
Old Apr 28, 2019, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by catsniper75

On the other side, OK starts to include in their fleet with their legacy livery some QS aircrafts. See OK-TST aircraft.
Maybe some eye wash measure at the time, or new strategy later.

there is no plan to change livery to CSA on other planes yet. TST will remain the only one.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 5:21 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
I’ll move it to the more appropriate forum

Gajan

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.