Search

Desktop site vs app difference in airports list

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2019, 5:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB, LH
Desktop site vs app difference in airports list

Hi all.

In the interest of informing members, I wanted to note a recently observed difference between the AF site vs app, which I believe was not documented before.

Specifically: the app does not have the entire list of airports. I was searching for award flights to BAY (on RO), and BAY did not exist in the app, whereas it did on the site.

I noticed some Romanian airports missing from the ST official app as well, but this is probably unrelated.

This might not be much but it always pays to check both sales channels, since I’ve noticed sometimes that the app works better than the site as well.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 5:37 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
On the app you can only buy tickets from your « region ». For instance you can, if you’re logged in as a France-domiciled customer, but a ticket from a Paris to New York, but not a ticket that starts in New York. Both airports are in the list, but you can’t put any airport in the “from” field.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 7:21 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by RoyalFlyer
difference between the AF site vs app, which I believe was not documented before....Specifically: the app does not have the entire list of airports

i have this issue since one year at least , sometimes it works by closing the app and trying again, sometimes it doesnt work

Originally Posted by RoyalFlyer
I noticed some Romanian airports missing from the ST official app as well, but this is probably unrelated.
probably because they are not served directly by AF , but you can buy codeshares with RO

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
On the app you can only buy tickets from your « region ». For instance you can, if you’re logged in as a France-domiciled customer, but a ticket from a Paris to New York, but not a ticket that starts in New York. Both airports are in the list, but you can’t put any airport in the “from” field.
In my case i was able to buy tickets in the app when origin airport is located in another country (did it last year , probably since last update it changed)

Now iam still able to simulate a booking from another country which is not mine (location/nationality/residence) up until payment
Old Apr 19, 2019, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB, LH
I should add I was looking for BAY in the destination field and was my region as well. It simply did not exist.

Plus, AF/KL miles-booking sites should have and normally have all flights, not just codeshares, at least for the integrated airlines (RO, Kenyan etc).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.