Whats with the huge price increase for award travel

Old Apr 17, 19, 9:27 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pacific NW
Programs: AS Million Mile Flyer, Marriott LTPP
Posts: 5,097
Whats with the huge price increase for award travel

I am booking into 2020 long haul trip (s) and the miles required for business is breath taking what happened ?
edgewood49 is offline  
Old Apr 17, 19, 9:49 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: WAW and KBP
Programs: Gold: Flying blue / Silver: Club Accor
Posts: 852
Originally Posted by edgewood49 View Post
I am booking into 2020 long haul trip (s) and the miles required for business is breath taking what happened ?
compared to what ?? 2 years ago ??? or compared to a flight next month ??

also did you checked if the period you try to book is not a high period such as christmas or summer holidays ??

keep in mind that prices now are dynamic , so its not because at some point you see more or less the same prices that it will be the same all the time

Last edited by fifty_two; Apr 17, 19 at 10:19 am
fifty_two is offline  
Old Apr 17, 19, 12:45 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: South Coast, UK
Programs: Lifetime Platinum
Posts: 1,972
Where and what are you trying to book ?

You think you've got problems....take a look at my example in my thread re booking a Delta partner award.

179,000 Miles ONE WAY from Boston to Amsterdam and then look at the alternative Delta option shown the same day, both Mileage AND charges. (And this, for Monday Oct 21st, hardly Peak Period ?)

It doesn't matter what the rationale is, but this to me is a good example of Dynamic pricing gone stupid.

Last edited by mike turnbull; Apr 17, 19 at 1:24 pm
mike turnbull is offline  
Old Apr 17, 19, 1:54 pm
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Netherlands
Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Posts: 23,966
Originally Posted by edgewood49 View Post
I am booking into 2020 long haul trip (s) and the miles required for business is breath taking what happened ?
Chase and Amex customers transferred their points into FB and took all the cheap seats. ;-)
irishguy28 is offline  
Old Apr 17, 19, 3:13 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pacific NW
Programs: AS Million Mile Flyer, Marriott LTPP
Posts: 5,097
Originally Posted by fifty_two View Post
compared to what ?? 2 years ago ??? or compared to a flight next month ??

also did you checked if the period you try to book is not a high period such as christmas or summer holidays ??

keep in mind that prices now are dynamic , so its not because at some point you see more or less the same prices that it will be the same all the time

I am in the 21st century ! Was planning a month or so ago and all of sudden BANG
edgewood49 is offline  
Old Apr 17, 19, 3:14 pm
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Posts: 13,982
Originally Posted by edgewood49 View Post
I am booking into 2020 long haul trip (s) and the miles required for business is breath taking what happened ?
What happened ???
just this :
Upcoming changes to Flying Blue in 2018
Goldorak is online now  
Old Apr 17, 19, 5:14 pm
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pacific NW
Programs: AS Million Mile Flyer, Marriott LTPP
Posts: 5,097
Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post

What happened ???
just this :
Upcoming changes to Flying Blue in 2018
Someone moved my cheese !!
edgewood49 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread