AF or KQ?

Old Apr 23, 2019, 6:36 am

Programs: FB Plat
Originally Posted by flying_blue_white_red
How do you 100% know for sure this scenario?
Maybe, luck played a part of it, but AF team at an outstation (in JNB) allowed it a 3 years ago – of course not for free! Do you mean it's gone?
If your plan is to fly NBO-CDG-FRA then FRA-CDG on another booking, alternative choices (for free) might be:
- if your travel dates are flexible, to use the multicity search engine to book the CDG-FRA a day after your arrival at CDG (if the connection time is less than 24h, it is a layover and not a stopover and so the price would remain the same). That way you have a night layover at CDG and can pretend you "need" your luggage at CDG: agents would certainly accept shortchecking your bag for free,
- if not, if you give the PNR of your second trip to the check-in agent in NBO, he might succeed in checking your bag to your "final final" destination (i.e. CDG via CDG and FRA), that way you do not have to care about your bag at FRA. I am not sure it would work though as your bag would be twice in CDG which could look weird for the system (I have only done it for two bookings AAA-BBB and BBB-CCC) so I would not rely on that possibility to plan my layover (and I especially I would avoid back-to-back in FRA!).
Old May 27, 2023, 3:12 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by Ditto
KQ is indeed very comfy for sleeping, although it feels like not all seats are equal length when fully flat, in recent experience it feels like 1C>3D>4D.
Reviving this old thread with some hopefully useful info.

Seat pitch varies a couple of cm per row and per plane so there is no consistency: I'm 1.85 m tall and one one plane 2A had just enough space, whereas the same seat on a different B788 was about 2 cm shorter. Row 1 has the advantage that the bulkhead is fully perpendicular though and toes don't get squeezed like in the non-bulkhead seats (see photos). So if you're < 1.83 m then you should be fine, if you're around 1.85 it depends on the seat but is not predictable and if you're >1.85 m then pick another airline if you want to stretch out.

2A on KZH > 3A on KZE > 2A on KZE > 1A on KZG. Copy Prospero for Aerolopa seat plans as rows 1-3 are all a bit off-set and not aligned (same on all 3 planes so I assume on the others as well).

Also, since very recently KQ provides a mattress in C, though they're still figuring this out: On one one flight it was already at the seat (the white roll under the footrest in one photo) and on another the crew said that procedure was that they could only distribute after meal service so as not to hold up the meal service. As I didn't want to eat, I was already asleep by then and missed out on the mattress. The mattress does make a big difference though because it covers the joints between the parts of the seat very nicely.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.