FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue-594/)
-   -   XP Runs Over Easter? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue/1965451-xp-runs-over-easter.html)

AirCub1 Apr 15, 2019 1:46 am

XP Runs Over Easter?

Morning, I’m new to Flying Blue after having moved to Paris recently for work (likely to be in 2 to 3 years). I’m keen to get my FB level up from 0 to silver as soon as possible. Does anyone know if there are any attractive XP runs in Europe over the Easter period, or the best place to find out what these are? I’m free to travel from 17-22 April. Thanks for any help!

Zarmakuizz Apr 15, 2019 1:53 am

Have a look at Mileage Runs - Best routes?.

You would have to reach another city in order to get a good XP run. BRU, DUS, FRA, STR, MUC, GVA are usually good candidates for a juicy intra-europe Business flight.

fifty_two Apr 15, 2019 2:52 am

Check google flights , it will give you an idea about whats possible

booking now flights for easter is quite late , so prices will be very high

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...34c4f9a4b3.png

irishguy28 Apr 15, 2019 6:49 am

Originally Posted by AirCub1 (Post 31001464)
Morning, I’m new to Flying Blue after having moved to Paris recently for work (likely to be in 2 to 3 years). I’m keen to get my FB level up from 0 to silver as soon as possible. Does anyone know if there are any attractive XP runs in Europe over the Easter period, or the best place to find out what these are? I’m free to travel from 17-22 April. Thanks for any help!

Not only is Easter a busy time for travel, it is less than a week away.

You would therefore be advised to consider booking on other holidays/long weekends later in the year for which reasonable fares are still available.

AirCub1 Apr 15, 2019 6:53 am

Thanks everyone for the replies, yes I think it will have to be another weekend. It was just a window without any work came up and thought it might be a nice idea to stack up some XP point thanks everyone for the replies, yes I think it will have to be another weekend. It was just a window without any work came up and thought it might be a nice idea to stack up some XPs!

glennhaak Apr 15, 2019 7:48 am

Originally Posted by AirCub1 (Post 31002050)
Thanks everyone for the replies, yes I think it will have to be another weekend. It was just a window without any work came up and thought it might be a nice idea to stack up some XP point thanks everyone for the replies, yes I think it will have to be another weekend. It was just a window without any work came up and thought it might be a nice idea to stack up some XPs!

You could do the Dusseldorf to Billund run for 75XP in J for €412, you'd need to get to DUS of course but you could do so for just short of €200 in Y from FCO with a transfer in CDG both ways, meaning €612 for 95XP, you'd be almost silver...

AirCub1 Apr 15, 2019 11:27 am

Originally Posted by glennhaak (Post 31002231)
You could do the Dusseldorf to Billund run for 75XP in J for €412, you'd need to get to DUS of course but you could do so for just short of €200 in Y from FCO with a transfer in CDG both ways, meaning €612 for 95XP, you'd be almost silver...

thanks, for which dates did you find this fair? It might be a good option for me.

glennhaak Apr 15, 2019 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by AirCub1 (Post 31002991)
thanks, for which dates did you find this fair? It might be a good option for me.

For your dates, just play around a bit with Google Flights and you'll find it.

Concerto Apr 15, 2019 4:35 pm

I thought there was an interesting option from DUS to BLL with transfers in both CDG and AMS though. I am not sure how difficult it is to find, but it sounds very interesting. Logically, it would yield 90XPs. We should probably continue this over in the Mileage Runs thread.

AirCub1 Apr 16, 2019 1:29 am

DUS-CDG-AMS-BLL 20/04/2019
BLL-CDG-DUS 21/04/2019

still available for €419 business class on Air France website. 75 XP.

glennhaak Apr 16, 2019 5:45 am

Originally Posted by Concerto (Post 31004170)
I thought there was an interesting option from DUS to BLL with transfers in both CDG and AMS though. I am not sure how difficult it is to find, but it sounds very interesting. Logically, it would yield 90XPs. We should probably continue this over in the Mileage Runs thread.

Now on the way back, it seems that the cheapest option is either CDG or AMS instead of both, both can still be had for a higher price. I've done the route in september (CDG & AMS both ways) and it was fun to do it, although absolutely nothing to do in BLL...

AirCub1 Apr 16, 2019 6:38 am

I did think about staying over in BLL but decided against it so will just do a quick turnaround too.

Concerto Apr 17, 2019 4:24 pm

Shame that routing back through both AMS and CDG on the inbound makes it a lot more expensive. Might be worth fiddling around with open jaws. Do you use the multicity tool on the Air France website?

glennhaak Apr 18, 2019 5:16 am

Originally Posted by Concerto (Post 31011767)
Shame that routing back through both AMS and CDG on the inbound makes it a lot more expensive. Might be worth fiddling around with open jaws. Do you use the multicity tool on the Air France website?

Google Flights works just fine with a clickthrough to AF, or Ita Matrix with Powertools