La Premičre Award Pricing

Old Apr 10, 19, 12:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat
La Premičre Award Pricing

When FB moved to dynamic pricing I seem to recall they said they weren't touching La Premičre redemptions. Europe to North America was always stable at 200k. Out of interest from a screenshot in the Ultimate thread where a business award was significantly more than first (which we've seen countless times by now), I thought I'd have a look for the route I'm always banking up to redeem, AMS - SF/LA. On most days 200k can be had but then I found this "gem" on 7 Feb.

It'd seem that the ceiling has been removed from time to time. EF is showing F3 so it's not like it's pricing into P. Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come. While a crazy amount of miles, this redemption was starting to be seem relatively reasonable.

Old Apr 10, 19, 1:29 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold
I got DXB-CDG-SFO for 320k miles in P (2 P legs and the cheapest possible). The other way they wanted 450k regardless of travel day (got J for 85k, also the cheapest possible). So there's some dynamic pricing for sure. Was actually a bit surprised about the 450k all the time on SFO-CDG-DXB.
Old Apr 10, 19, 3:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat
That's interesting. I had the feeling from random searches that specific routes were capped regardless of direction. Europe - NA, NA - Europe: 200k. Europe - Asia, Asia - Europe 320k. Regardless, hopefully it won't be the norm. It's the one redemption one could actually plan for.
Old Apr 10, 19, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by NumbThumb View Post
That's interesting. I had the feeling from random searches that specific routes were capped regardless of direction. Europe - NA, NA - Europe: 200k. Europe - Asia, Asia - Europe 320k. Regardless, hopefully it won't be the norm. It's the one redemption one could actually plan for.
It is the only reasonable redemption option for me left. I am saving up for a P award of 200k and then I will stop actively saving miles because the redemption options are ridiculous.
I will make sure I have enough XP to keep my Skyteam Elite + level and for long haul, I will fly Oneworld and keep my OW Sapphire status.
Old Apr 10, 19, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by BobTL View Post
It is the only reasonable redemption option for me left. I am saving up for a P award of 200k and then I will stop actively saving miles because the redemption options are ridiculous.
I will make sure I have enough XP to keep my Skyteam Elite + level and for long haul, I will fly Oneworld and keep my OW Sapphire status.
Not complaining on SFO-CDG-PRG being down to 53K miles from 62.5K / 75K miles . But yes, it's laughable to see P cheaper than J
Old Apr 11, 19, 12:10 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold; Le Club AccorHotels Silver
To book a La Premičre ticket with miles.
It's better to call Flying Blue or via the website, to have the better experience?
Old Apr 11, 19, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by Sjondorn View Post
Not complaining on SFO-CDG-PRG being down to 53K miles from 62.5K / 75K miles . But yes, it's laughable to see P cheaper than J

I am happy you found that redemption rate for your PRG-CDG-SFO trip. But everybody knows that these fares are an exception and availability is extremely scarce.
The reality is that redemption rates are not only extremely high but also extremely ridiculous.

Just look at this screenshot for 10 seconds and see how much ridiculousness there is in this screenshot..

Last edited by BobTL; Apr 11, 19 at 4:14 am
Old Apr 11, 19, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by AurelAF96 View Post
To book a La Premičre ticket with miles.
It's better to call Flying Blue or via the website, to have the better experience?
no difference in the experience. But whatever your booking channel, it is advisable to call La Premiere line afterwards if you want to book a massage.
Old Apr 11, 19, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by BobTL View Post

I am happy you found that redemption rate for your PRG-CDG-SFO trip. But everybody knows that these fares are an exception and availability is extremely scarce.
The reality is that redemption rates are not only extremely high but also extremely ridiculous.

Just look at this screenshot for 10 seconds and see how much ridiculousness there is in this screenshot..
You have 65000 miles discount on J if you book it via P award
wuzziduzziman likes this.
Old Apr 11, 19, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Sjondorn View Post
You have 65000 miles discount on J if you book it via P award
you know, I actually think it’s the strategy from FB, to have extreme idiotic high redemption rates like 265.000 for a one way J leg from Europe to LAX and then offer it for 200.000 as if it is suddenly value for money.
Man, this whole system annoys me so much.

Search this Thread