Search

Transit Abidjan / check-in

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2019, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL, FB Gold
Transit Abidjan / check-in

Hi all,
Sorry for the double post (also in African airlines), but I thought this forum could also help.

Very last minute question, but I can't find anything online at all. I'm flying COO - ABJ - CDG with Air Cote d'Ivoire connecting to Air France. I guess I do not need a visa, but would like to be sure. Do you know more ? Will my bag be checked-in all the way from COO ? My HF flight is on the same ticket than my AF flight, but it seems I can only check-in online for my AF flight. Will I be ok ?

Thanks!
Old Apr 7, 2019, 11:57 am

Programs: KLM/AF Platinum for life, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
In order to evaluate visa requirements your nationality and your residence are needed.

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/pas...uirements.htm#

Last edited by bankops; Apr 7, 2019 at 12:13 pm Reason: added link
Old Apr 7, 2019, 1:42 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Mr.Potato
Hi all,
Sorry for the double post (also in African airlines), but I thought this forum could also help.

Very last minute question, but I can't find anything online at all. I'm flying COO - ABJ - CDG with Air Cote d'Ivoire connecting to Air France. I guess I do not need a visa, but would like to be sure. Do you know more ? Will my bag be checked-in all the way from COO ? My HF flight is on the same ticket than my AF flight, but it seems I can only check-in online for my AF flight. Will I be ok ?

Thanks!
as bankops said , you should check the visa requirements , it depends on a lot of factors

about checked bags , again if you bought everything under the same ticket and unless there is a unusual situation , your bag will go to CDG

you should do the checkin from the airline which sold you the ticket , if not working then contact HF , ask about deadlines and come earlier to airport
Old Apr 7, 2019, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the link, seems like visa is not required, and I finally find a map of AJB airport and there is a transit area, so if the luggage goes trhough I should be fine. Will give a call to HF to check. Thanks both of you.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Well, for those interested: I can confirm that there is no need for a visa transiting through ABJ, my luggage was checked all the way but because my Air Côte d'Ivoire flight flew to Niamey before flying to ABJ (that was of course unplanned) I missed my connection to CDG (on AF521) and had to be re-booked on AF703. I had to go to the luggage area to get my bag and re-check it, no issue regarding the visa, the police is just keeping the passport in the meantime. Seems like other people originally booked on AF703 also had to get there luggage re-checked-in.

Quick question: I had bought an upgrade in Y+, on my original flight (AF521), I had to fight with Air Cote d'Ivoire to get a Y+ seat on AF703, they only wanted to pay Y and were asking me to contact AF back in CDG to get a refund, what I thought would be highly uncertain. Anyway, no miles were credited for this upgrade (seems logical since I did not fly the one I bought), and I can't seem to claim missing miles through the FB platform. Based on your experience, can I claim the missing miles ? If so, how ?

Thanks!
Old Apr 11, 2019, 9:47 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Quick question: I had bought an upgrade in Y+, on my original flight (AF521), I had to fight with Air Cote d'Ivoire to get a Y+ seat on AF703, they only wanted to pay Y and were asking me to contact AF back in CDG to get a refund, what I thought would be highly uncertain. Anyway, no miles were credited for this upgrade (seems logical since I did not fly the one I bought), and I can't seem to claim missing miles through the FB platform. Based on your experience, can I claim the missing miles ? If so, how ?
Thanks!
what do you mean by Y+ ? premium economy ??

you were supposed to be in Y+ for which flight ?? AF flight ??

Then if no Y+ seat available , they have to refund your purchase
Old Apr 11, 2019, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Indeed, no Y+ on AF. It is either W (Premium Eco) or a seat option in Y (exit row, seat at front of cabin, etc).
Old Apr 12, 2019, 1:17 am
Original Poster

I am sorry, was not clear.

I cash upgraded to W from Y on AF521. Flight that I missed.
I was rebooked on AF703 in W. Ticket was paid by Air Cote d'Ivoire (seems like the connection was not protected. My COO - ABJ flight was not on the same ticket than my AF flight to CDG even though the whole was bought on AF website).

No miles were posted for my cash upgrade. Can I claim them ?
Old Apr 12, 2019, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
No miles were posted for my cash upgrade. Can I claim them ?
Yes you can. But you won’t be able to do it via the website. You will have to write a letter to FB explaining your « case » with all proofs of purchase of the paid upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.