FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue-594/)
-   -   Flying blue status question (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue/1963892-flying-blue-status-question.html)

prbreezy Apr 3, 2019 9:28 pm

Flying blue status question

Hi,

I reached the Silver status last September 2018.

My AF app is showing me two things and I need help to understand;
- I need 100XP to keep the Silver
- I need 180 XP to be Gold

What does it mean?
I need 100XP to keep then 80XP to be Gold or I need 280 to be Gold and keep the Silver?

Thanks.

AlvinMaker Apr 3, 2019 10:19 pm

Option 1!
You are now Silver for a period of 12+3 months starting Sept 18.

Less than 100 XP in the first 12 months, and you lose your status after the 15 month period (there are three months 'grace period' if you don't requalify).

Reach 100 XP anytime in the 12 first months (without going to 180) and you'll keep Silver for another 12+3 months (until Sept 20, +3 if you don't requalify).

Reach 180 XP, and you are converted to Gold immediately. This starts a new 12+3 period, for instance your new qualification period starts in June 19 (the September date doesn't matter anymore). Then you have a year to reach 180 again.

See some examples here.

fifty_two Apr 4, 2019 2:03 am

There is also one more case

Between 101XP and 179XP = you will be deducted of 100XP, will be silver for one more year and the leftover will be kept for the next year

So you need to plan everything correctly , if possible of course

it can be worthy to do extra steps if , before the end of your 12 months period as silver , you get close to 180XP , so you can reach gold

On the other hand , if silver is enough and you go over 100XP just a bit , then these xp left will count for your next 12 months period

psychoid Apr 4, 2019 3:37 am

Originally Posted by AlvinMaker (Post 30962835)
Option 1!
Less than 100 XP in the first 12 months, and you lose your status after the 15 month period (there are three months 'grace period' if you don't requalify).

Hi there, I'm gonna reach Silver in 10 days and something is still not clear to me.
My qualification period will start in May 2019.
What happens if I don't reach 100 XP in the following 12 months? Say I end the qualification period at 70 XP on 30 April 2020. Is my XP counter reset to zero on May 1st? Or are these 70 XP carried over for an additional 12 months? (I suspect the former, since the latter seems too easy...)

Fabo.sk Apr 4, 2019 3:52 am

Originally Posted by psychoid (Post 30963405)
Hi there, I'm gonna reach Silver in 10 days and something is still not clear to me.
My qualification period will start in May 2019.
What happens if I don't reach 100 XP in the following 12 months? Say I end the qualification period at 70 XP on 30 April 2020. Is my XP counter reset to zero on May 1st? Or are these 70 XP carried over for an additional 12 months? (I suspect the former, since the latter seems too easy...)

Counter is reset to zero unfortunately.

psychoid Apr 4, 2019 3:54 am

Thanks, that's what I expected... time to work on my flight pattern and include a couple mileage runs!

palmanfr Oct 25, 2019 4:47 am

Hi, I am currently FB Platinum with 294 XP. My requalification date is on October 31st 2019 and I have one KLM flight (which will bring me 5 more XP) on Oct. 31st. I also have a Flying Blue Gold Amex which is supposed to bring me 30XP by the end of this month as this is the card anniversary (last year this was done on Oct. 27th 2018). My question is : I understand the KLM flight I will fly on Oct 31st will count for the year 2018-2019 right ? How flexible do you think Flying Blue will be in giving me a "grace" of 1XP ? Or at least a grace of 1 week so hopefully Amex will be on time to credit the 30XP yearly bonus ? I would really hate losing my platinum benefits for just 1 XP! And finding a good mileage run within a week seems tricky...
Thanks !

prbreezy Oct 25, 2019 4:56 am

Hi

if you looking for 1XP! Then like your accor hotel account to your flying blue!

on completion of the first flight you will have 5xp bonus and after your first night in Accor hotel you will have 5xp bonus total of 10xp bonus!!!!

palmanfr Oct 25, 2019 9:20 am

Originally Posted by prbreezy (Post 31664648)
Hi

if you looking for 1XP! Then like your accor hotel account to your flying blue!

on completion of the first flight you will have 5xp bonus and after your first night in Accor hotel you will have 5xp bonus total of 10xp bonus!!!!

Thanks, but I already did that, got 5XP following my first accor stay and 5XP for my first AF/KL flight...

prbreezy Oct 25, 2019 9:24 am

Then try to upgrade your seat to prem eco or business on one way you will earn 3 times the number of xp compare the eco class.

Fabo.sk Oct 25, 2019 10:31 am

Originally Posted by prbreezy (Post 31665358)
Then try to upgrade your seat to prem eco or business on one way you will earn 3 times the number of xp compare the eco class.

eh, no. that won't work, seat upgrades post in the original earning class.

Originally Posted by palmanfr (Post 31664625)
Hi, I am currently FB Platinum with 294 XP. My requalification date is on October 31st 2019 and I have one KLM flight (which will bring me 5 more XP) on Oct. 31st. I also have a Flying Blue Gold Amex which is supposed to bring me 30XP by the end of this month as this is the card anniversary (last year this was done on Oct. 27th 2018). My question is : I understand the KLM flight I will fly on Oct 31st will count for the year 2018-2019 right ? How flexible do you think Flying Blue will be in giving me a "grace" of 1XP ? Or at least a grace of 1 week so hopefully Amex will be on time to credit the 30XP yearly bonus ? I would really hate losing my platinum benefits for just 1 XP! And finding a good mileage run within a week seems tricky...
Thanks !

If the XPs are posted with an October date, it will count, even if they arrive late.

atflyer Oct 25, 2019 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by palmanfr (Post 31664625)
Thanks !

If your info is all right you will have 299 XP with the KL flight, and a 30 extra with Amex by 31 October. Dates of flights flown (and Amex enrolled) count. That is plat, period. Even if you miss the Amex - last year, I ended 2018 deliberately with 299 XP. At that point I did not want to be plat, but to have 119 XP in the bank to be used later, i.e. with my flying pattern to ensure Gold for a number of years to come. FB added 1 XP in Jan 2019 and made me plat. I protested, no avail. By now I appreciate the plat status for having free EC. And I will easily requalify as plat this year so ok for me. But significant chance even at 299 XP will keep you plat (but no guarantee, of course)

prbreezy Oct 25, 2019 6:17 pm

[QUOTE=Fabo.sk;31665559]eh, no. that won't work, seat upgrades post in the original earning class.

It will count! But you need to pay “a lot” the upgrade must be done 30 hours prior the departure I have done that before.
only last minutes upgrade won’t count.

atflyer Oct 26, 2019 2:11 am

[QUOTE=prbreezy;31666869]

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk (Post 31665559)
eh, no. that won't work, seat upgrades post in the original earning class.

It will count! But you need to pay “a lot” the upgrade must be done 30 hours prior the departure I have done that before.

AFAIK upgrades bought upon OLCI or via offers made on line are giving original XP and miles. That at least is my experience with the few times I did this.

Goldorak Oct 26, 2019 2:12 am

Originally Posted by prbreezy (Post 31666869)

Fabo.sk was right. Paid upgrade at OLCI on AFKL do not give you XP of the upgraded class but those of the originally booked class. However, you earn more miles as what you paid for the upgrade is taken into account in the calculation.
If you did earn XP of your upgraded class, this was a glitch and not the regular way, so do not think it will be like that every time.