Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Does KLM and Air France can't check Elite status with Skyteam?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2019, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G MU*G CZ*G AS*MVP Marriott*A Hilton*D Accor*P IHG*SA HYATT*G

I fly with Air France from MAN via CDG to PEK last month. When I check in, counter can't check my MU*G status (Skyteam Elite Plus). They told me that I only a basic member in their system. After I show my MU*G to counter, they still need me to pay for the additional luggage. I don't know why Air France can't check my status also they need me to pay for additional luggage after I show my MU*G (Skyteam Elite Plus benefit including one more luggage)

The same situation also appear in my return flight and KLM, after I show my MU*G, KLM can give me benefit, but still no Elite plus or sky priority in my boarding pass. I have asked my friends that MU*G MF*G always can't use in KLM and Air France.

I'd like to ask how can I do if they can't check the status next time and should I pay for addition luggage?

One more thing, MAN's Air France counter supervisor was so rude that she told me they only see their system and they don't know what is my MU*G card.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 1:21 am

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Looks like a classical system glitch to me. You should claim compensation for the luggage fees, along with an evidence about your E+ membership (e.g. screenshot):
https://www.klm.com/travel/de_en/cus...r_a_refund.htm
Old Apr 1, 2019, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G MU*G CZ*G AS*MVP Marriott*A Hilton*D Accor*P IHG*SA HYATT*G
Thanks so much! I will try it.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 12:28 pm

I agree. I think it is a glitch.

On my recent ticket purchases through Delta, KLM showed I was a basic member but Air France had my Elite Plus status. *shrug*

Please let us know if the claim works.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.