FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue-594/)
-   -   Does Flying Blue Match Status With AAdvantage? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue/1963288-does-flying-blue-match-status-aadvantage.html)

Landing Gear Mar 30, 2019 4:44 pm

Does Flying Blue Match Status With AAdvantage?

(Please excuse me if this is not an appropriate thread. I have tried searching the forum.)

If I present FB with proof of my Platinum status on American, would they give me some type of elite status, even temporary conditioned on how much flying I do?

If so, how would I do this?

[Edited to add:] I found it strange that FB seems to say you cannot book a frequent flier award in first class unless you have elite status.

chil Mar 31, 2019 3:19 am

I don't think FB matches status with any other programs because Delta told them not to do it :)
I know that AA matches FB with a challenge but it doesn't work the other way round.

tbaiyun Mar 31, 2019 1:36 pm

I think you may have a better chance matching your AA status with DL.

DL's members get most of the perks that a Flying Blue elite can enjoy: free seat selection, discount comfort+ seat, etc. except access to the 2C arrival lounge.

Flying Blue used to have status-match, but I don't think they do that anymore.

irishguy28 Apr 2, 2019 1:21 am

Originally Posted by Landing Gear (Post 30947369)
[Edited to add:] I found it strange that FB seems to say you cannot book a frequent flier award in first class unless you have elite status.

You are probably confusing "First Class" for "Business Class", given that American carriers use the name differently than in the rest of the world.

First Class is only operated on a fraction of AF's longhaul network, so it's not as if there are all that many paid seats operated each day, let alone have loads of award availability!

glennhaak Apr 5, 2019 4:30 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 30955375)
You are probably confusing "First Class" for "Business Class", given that American carriers use the name differently than in the rest of the world.

First Class is only operated on a fraction of AF's longhaul network, so it's not as if there are all that many paid seats operated each day, let alone have loads of award availability!

I think he means La Premiere, since that is only bookable as an award when you have status in Flying Blue.

irishguy28 Apr 5, 2019 9:45 am

Originally Posted by glennhaak (Post 30967268)
I think he means La Premiere, since that is only bookable as an award when you have status in Flying Blue.

My point exactly.

But, given that the poster appears to be American where "First Class" is the hyberpolic name applied to what the rest of the world typically calls "Business Class", I wanted to make sure that the poster realised that he can book "American-style First Class", i.e. Business Class, without having status.

brunos Apr 5, 2019 11:08 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 30968233)
My point exactly.

But, given that the poster appears to be American where "First Class" is the hyberpolic name applied to what the rest of the world typically calls "Business Class", I wanted to make sure that the poster realised that he can book "American-style First Class", i.e. Business Class, without having status.

As opposed to DL, AA international flights have both business and first class