DL metal KL marketed flight

Old Mar 28, 19, 10:25 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: France
Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Le Club Accor Hotels Plat, Marriott, Hilton
Posts: 2,289
DL metal KL marketed flight

Hi there.

This would be a first for me : flying DL metal from AMS to US in Y.

Do you have experience of the advantages for a FB Plat in terms of seat choice and/or cost.

Thank you.
carnarvon is offline  
Old Mar 28, 19, 1:52 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: YOW
Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Accor Gold
Posts: 254
- Free Comfort+ seat (can preselect in advance)
- SP check-in, boarding
- SP baggage handling
- Lounge access into Sky Club if you are connecting to a domestic US flight

I think that's everything.

0% chance for free op-up, 0.01% for paid upgrade offer.
tbaiyun is offline  
Old Mar 28, 19, 2:50 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: France
Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Le Club Accor Hotels Plat, Marriott, Hilton
Posts: 2,289
Thank you. :-)
carnarvon is offline  
Old Mar 28, 19, 3:29 pm
  #4  
Hyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: San Francisco, CA
Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Posts: 1,575
Originally Posted by tbaiyun View Post
- Free Comfort+ seat (can preselect in advance)
- SP check-in, boarding
- SP baggage handling
- Lounge access into Sky Club if you are connecting to a domestic US flight

I think that's everything.

0% chance for free op-up, 0.01% for paid upgrade offer.
I actually get upgrades to F semi-frequently as an FB Plat. But you are behind Skymiles Silver members I think.
caliform is offline  
Old Mar 28, 19, 5:58 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: YOW
Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Accor Gold
Posts: 254
Originally Posted by caliform View Post
I actually get upgrades to F semi-frequently as an FB Plat. But you are behind Skymiles Silver members I think.
Correction:

On transatlantic segment: 0% of free op-up, 0% paid upgrade offer.

On domestic segments: depending on route, I have around 5% upgrade on US-Canada flights. 0% paid upgrade offer.
tbaiyun is offline  
Old Mar 29, 19, 9:05 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Berlin, Germany
Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA PE, HH Gold
Posts: 834
Originally Posted by tbaiyun View Post
Correction:

On transatlantic segment: 0% of free op-up, 0% paid upgrade offer.

On domestic segments: depending on route, I have around 5% upgrade on US-Canada flights. 0% paid upgrade offer.
And that is not going to change. You will only get upgrade offers through the Delta website or App if you booked the trip with them. Delta is not giving upgrade offers on other airline's bookings ( same as with KLM i think ). But departing AMS gives you higher chances for an op-up as these flights are handled by KLM.
BER Flyer is offline  
Old Mar 29, 19, 9:40 am
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Netherlands
Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Posts: 23,966
Originally Posted by caliform View Post
I actually get upgrades to F semi-frequently as an FB Plat. But you are behind Skymiles Silver members I think.
You mean domestic flights, right?

They surely don't upgrade in this manner on TATL (where there is no F anyway!)
irishguy28 is offline  
Old Apr 22, 19, 6:39 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Programs: DL DM
Posts: 8
I am Diamond on Delta but when I fly on KLM or AF I don't get any upgrades. I will be surprised vice versa.
shumayun is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread