FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue-594/)
-   -   Connecting at CDG (AF metal + TGV) - 1 PNR ? - 2F Lounge access STE+? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue/1962655-connecting-cdg-af-metal-tgv-1-pnr-2f-lounge-access-ste.html)

catsniper75 Mar 26, 2019 11:04 am

Connecting at CDG (AF metal + TGV) - 1 PNR ? - 2F Lounge access STE+?

Hello,

I am not sure that a similar thread was submitted but:

I am a STE+ member, thinking about communiting from PRG to NTE (or any French destination covered by TGV) via CDG by TGV train on the second leg of my trip.
  • As I understand, the train segment wont count in the mileage / segment accrual. Right and second class train ticket should be probably issued?
  • How will the tickets be issued? The AF BP will display a second leg or will it be issued separately?
  • As I am connecting via CDG, will I be granted access to the 2F lounge? .
Thanks

tbaiyun Mar 26, 2019 11:15 am

Originally Posted by catsniper75 (Post 30932019)
Hello,

I am not sure that a similar thread was submitted but:

I am a STE+ member, thinking about communiting from PRG to NTE (or any French destination covered by TGV) via CDG by TGV train on the second leg of my trip.
  • As I understand, the train segment wont count in the mileage / segment accrual. Right and second class train ticket should be probably issued?
  • How will the tickets be issued? The AF BP will display a second leg or will it be issued separately?
  • As I am connecting via CDG, will I be granted access to the 2F lounge? .
Thanks

1. You shall receive 2XP plus a tiny amount of miles. Since that "TGV" bears an AF flight number.

2. It's been a long while I have not taken the TGV Air. Usually, upon arrival to CDG, walk to the Roissy station between 2C and 2E. Downstairs at a corner, there shall be a small office that prints out your train ticket.

3. You may be able to use the 2C lounge when arriving from a medium-haul flight then connect to a TGV. But take note that this lounge has NOTHING except a lot of showers, it is a 10 mins walk from the lounge to the station, and it closes at 2:00 PM. I don't think you can access the lounge at 2F.

catsniper75 Mar 26, 2019 11:19 am

Originally Posted by tbaiyun (Post 30932049)
1. You shall receive 2XP plus a tiny amount of miles. Since that "TGV" bears an AF flight number.

2. It's been a long while I have not taken the TGV Air. Usually, upon arrival to CDG, walk to the Roissy station between 2C and 2E. Downstairs at a corner, there shall be a small office that prints out your train ticket.

3. You may be able to use the 2C lounge when arriving from a medium-haul flight then connect to a TGV. But take note that this lounge has NOTHING except a lot of showers, it is a 10 mins walk from the lounge to the station, and it closes at 2:00 PM. I don't think you can access the lounge at 2F.

thank you for your quick reply.
I forgot to mention that you am not a Flying blue member but an Air Europa Suma Gold one (STE+) . In that way the 2 XP should be counted as a qualifying segment like any booking class eligible « flight coded segments » in reality operated by a rail carrier?

AlvinMaker Mar 26, 2019 3:23 pm

I copied below the access requirements for the Arrival Lounge (2C landside), it's an arrival lounge so it doesn't follow usual access requirements (STE+). As said, opening times and service are limited.

​Access to the Arrivals lounge is free to passengers traveling on a long-haul flight in the La Première and Business cabins, passengers in the Business cabin connecting via TGV AIR and Flying Blue Elite Plus members.​​​​
​​​​​https://www.airfrance.us/US/en/commo...air-france.htm

catsniper75 Mar 27, 2019 4:44 am

AF Facebook client service reply

For French speakers, I will let you appreciate the level of support from customer service (printscreen attached)
My question was concerning STE+ Lounge access in CDG 2F in case of AF coded Flight + train . I was replied that I am not FB STE+ so I should contact UX... then I am provided an answer with a général link. Des lumières qui refourguent la patate chaude :)

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...07e0e81dbe.png
af facebook

thierryd92 Mar 27, 2019 11:32 am

I did that recently, LHR-CDG then CDG-Reims by train, Y ticket, FB Gold, access to arrival Lounge 2C granted.

tbaiyun Mar 27, 2019 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by catsniper75 (Post 30932069)

thank you for your quick reply.
I forgot to mention that you am not a Flying blue member but an Air Europa Suma Gold one (STE+) . In that way the 2 XP should be counted as a qualifying segment like any booking class eligible « flight coded segments » in reality operated by a rail carrier?

You will get 0 segment and 0 mile as the train is physically operated by SNCF, which is not a Skyteam member.

You will only get miles if you accrual that into Flying Blue.

Originally Posted by thierryd92 (Post 30935905)
I did that recently, LHR-CDG then CDG-Reims by train, Y ticket, FB Gold, access to arrival Lounge 2C granted.

That lounge has an extremely weird access policy. It must be:
- Skyteam long-haul Business class
- Flying Blue Gold/Plat/Ultimate/Club 2000/Skipper on arrival of long-haul coach or premium economy class
- Flying Blue Gold/Plat/Ultimate/Club 2000/Skipper on arrival of long-haul or medium haul and connect to a TGV

There were thousands of reports that DL's DM cannot access into this lounge after a transatlantic flight in coach.

Since OP is not a Flying Blue Gold or Plat, he shall be refused entry. But that may depend on what time he arrives at that lounge as well, I will say after 12:00 PM, they may let him in.

Ikaz Apr 3, 2019 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by thierryd92 (Post 30935905)

I tried MAN-CDG with AF then the AF numbered TGV to Nantes (in eco), and was refused access in 2C as FB Gold...

thierryd92 Apr 23, 2019 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Ikaz (Post 30961956)
I tried MAN-CDG with AF then the AF numbered TGV to Nantes (in eco), and was refused access in 2C as FB Gold...

This is strange as the policy for this lounge is:

Flying Blue Gold/Plat/Ultimate/Club 2000/Skipper on arrival of long-haul or medium haul and connect to a TGV

Goldorak Apr 23, 2019 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by Ikaz (Post 30961956)

Originally Posted by thierryd92 (Post 31028498)
This is strange as the policy for this lounge is:

Flying Blue Gold/Plat/Ultimate/Club 2000/Skipper on arrival of long-haul or medium haul and connect to a TGV

AgentConnect says you need to be in J for the flight segment

Clients Business en provenance de tous vols et en correspondance avec TGVAIR et AIR&RAIL