Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Air France/FB says my 317,000+ MR transfer is FRAUD! Help!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air France/FB says my 317,000+ MR transfer is FRAUD! Help!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2019, 9:40 pm

This thread is pretty concerning as I was planning to transfer some MR into my (recently created) FB account before the 25% bonus ends. Should I just avoid this altogether? I’m thinking maybe I will make a few purchases through the shopping portal now to hopefully get some miles in the account that way before I do the transfer? Has anyone ever tried that before?
Old Apr 15, 2019, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by wflanagan
I have sent him the details.
I'll be very interested in a follow-up if you feel like posting one.

Thanks for sharing your story.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Something odd just happened. I transferred 5K to my AF account from my wife's account and I got a confirmation. But the miles never posted for half an hour and so logged back into Amex and found the transfer got cancelled and points put back into Amex.

I then transferred points from my Amex account and it went through. Just booked a 7.5K award without a problem. Any idea what happened and if I should proceed with the larger 66K booking?
Old Apr 15, 2019, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I believe that you can only transfer miles to a designated FB account with the same name. You cannot transfer to someone' else FFP.
That is no problem when airlines, like BA, have household accounts, but AF does not.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 4:48 am

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Reading this whole saga really brought back some memories from my time having status and flying frequently on KL.

I have some SkyTeam flights coming up and figured I would just credit them to my FB account that's been sitting empty for a few years. Now I remember why I left KL in the first place. These kinds of shenanigans are SOP for them. I'll have to find somewhere new to credit.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Yeah, it's clear there's weird business going on at AirFrance. They hugely wasted my time, energy, and caused me to end up having to book a crappy routing just to get there (in coach versus business class).
Landing Gear likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Landing Gear
I'll be very interested in a follow-up if you feel like posting one.
I got a message from him a couple of days ago that he had just gotten back (out on holiday), and that he'd forward and let me know in a few days.
Landing Gear likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 8:28 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by alanw
Reading this whole saga really brought back some memories from my time having status and flying frequently on KL.

I have some SkyTeam flights coming up and figured I would just credit them to my FB account that's been sitting empty for a few years. Now I remember why I left KL in the first place. These kinds of shenanigans are SOP for them. I'll have to find somewhere new to credit.
Good you are back, Alan!
Old Apr 27, 2019, 5:03 am

Programs: United GS, Marriott Ambassador
Gosh.... I was thinking of transferring some MR to FB to upgrade a KLM TXL-AMS flight but now I'm hesitant. Never flown on KLM/AF before. A/C has 0 miles.

However, it would be upgrading a purchase ticket - that shouldn't trigger a fraud? Is KLM any different from AF?

How many miles would it take to upgrade anyway, and is there a minimum fare class to be eligible for an upgrade?

Thanks!
Old Apr 27, 2019, 8:27 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Originally Posted by kittiyut
Is KLM any different from AF? no different

How many miles would it take to upgrade anyway, and is there a minimum fare class to be eligible for an upgrade? af-kl are very opaque and won't tell you before you have a reservation if there are available ones for your flight. The prices greatly vary and are almost always not worth it. Upgrades get more expensive with el cheapo fare codes. Availabilty is very limited.

Thanks!
Old May 26, 2021, 12:47 pm

Programs: Chase, United
help getting started

I've just made a FB account, and hope to transfer chase miles and buy one round trip J ticket for me to fly from LAX to BER. But now I am concerned about this problem. Can anyone offer any advice about how to do this? Has it gotten better? Is it better on KLM than AF? (Either is fine for my purposes) thanks in advance!
Old May 27, 2021, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by zoechow
I've just made a FB account, and hope to transfer chase miles and buy one round trip J ticket for me to fly from LAX to BER. But now I am concerned about this problem. Can anyone offer any advice about how to do this? Has it gotten better? Is it better on KLM than AF? (Either is fine for my purposes) thanks in advance!
It's just one data point, but earlier this year I opened a new FB account for my husband and immediately transferred in enough Chase URs for a J class ticket for LAX-CDG-LIS. There were no issues making the reservation nor with his flights. Bonne chance!
zoechow and hhdl like this.
Old May 30, 2021, 5:56 am

Programs: AA PRO, BA S
Originally Posted by zoechow
First time FB account, transferred in points from 2 different UR accounts (mine, my AUs) and was able to book a J ticket just fine (This was back in ~June 2020). To be safe though I’ve since made a FB shopping portal purchase and credited a cheap delta flight to FB for peace of mind
Old Jun 23, 2021, 11:49 am

My FB is also suspended for 3 months now and is still under audit. I had a new account and transferred miles from Amex.
I paid the taxes with the credit card from my spouse, as she was traveling along me. I think that triggered the red flag and I should have paid with my own card. So be careful! No warning, just suspended.
Btw my account got suspended after the flight. So I was able to use the miles, but I still have a lot of miles left.
Recently I paid for another flight (without miles) so my account looks now more valid. I hope to get my account working again soon.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
I am looking at taking an AF flight this summer (they seem to have pretty good last minute business availability and prices if one is slightly flexible on arrival airports in the US).

I had to open a new FB account as my account appears to have been closed due to lack of activity (I credited a flight there years ago and the miles expired). I plan on doing an FB shopping portal purchase and then plan on transferring 1000 MR at first to make sure it goes through before transferring 60k or so. Does anyone recommend something different, unfortunately I don't have any ST flights coming up that I could credit there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.