Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Air France/FB says my 317,000+ MR transfer is FRAUD! Help!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air France/FB says my 317,000+ MR transfer is FRAUD! Help!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2019, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Landing Gear
Then let them quit the Membership Rewards program.
But it's of potential benefit to FB members who collect MRs.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by irishguy28
But it's of potential benefit to FB members who collect MRs.
Then let them fully disclose the apparently secret terms and conditions that prevented OP from using his Membership Rewards. I get the same Membership Rewards materials and I have seen nothing that discloses anything that would justify what happened to him.

I have another question since until I read OP's experience I intended to do something similar:

Suppose I joined Flying Blue today, did not fly, but waited six months to transfer Mileage Rewards points. Would that too result in my account being blocked?
Old Mar 31, 2019, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Suppose I joined Flying Blue today, did not fly, but waited six months to transfer Mileage Rewards points. Would that too result in my account being blocked?
Possibly.
NickB likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Then let them fully disclose the apparently secret terms and conditions that prevented OP from using his Membership Rewards. I get the same Membership Rewards materials and I have seen nothing that discloses anything that would justify what happened to him.

I have another question since until I read OP's experience I intended to do something similar:

Personally, if I did not have an active flying blue account, that is to say a flying blue account to which miles are posted from flying activity, I would not want to risk making an MR transfer. You might be OK (especially if you are book for flights for yourself rather than for a third party) but there have been just too many stories of people encountering difficulties for me to feel confident in such a situation.
Landing Gear likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 7:11 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
FYI. I have had my Amex Membership rewards and Flying Blue linked for eight years or so. I have never earned miles in the Flying Blue program. The last time I transferred to Flying Blue was 4+ years ago. I made a transfer yesterday and immediately tried to book tickets for my wife and I and received a technical error both on the website and app. Gave it a day. Same problem today. Called to book the tickets. 30 minute process with some mistakes along the way, but there was no issue with using the miles, and there was no fee for booking by phone.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jrjcopp
FYI. I have had my Amex Membership rewards and Flying Blue linked for eight years or so. I have never earned miles in the Flying Blue program. The last time I transferred to Flying Blue was 4+ years ago. I made a transfer yesterday and immediately tried to book tickets for my wife and I and received a technical error both on the website and app. Gave it a day. Same problem today. Called to book the tickets. 30 minute process with some mistakes along the way, but there was no issue with using the miles, and there was no fee for booking by phone.
I'm super glad it worked for you, ish. I just booked outbounds (in coach, yuck) because it wasn't feasible to do it in business anymore. I am flying business back, but this whole ordeal cost me several weeks.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by wflanagan
I'm super glad it worked for you, ish. I just booked outbounds (in coach, yuck) because it wasn't feasible to do it in business anymore. I am flying business back, but this whole ordeal cost me several weeks.
So you got all your MR back in your Amex account, and you were able to book tickets from your FB account (econ one way, biz back) with your "free" miles?

I'd call that a result!!! Seems that Amex forgot to "reverse" the transaction with FB.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Yes, I was able to book them using a different carrier. No, FB didn't leave my miles. I have 0 miles in my FB account. I transferred my miles to AirCanada and booked there.

So, yes, it's a result. I was trying to book them business class.. and had multiple options to do so when this started.. So, it's not the outcome I had planned. But, it's better than shelling out $5k for coach tickets to get us there.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 7:27 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
It would still be interesting to know more (and you get some form of apology or gesture from AF) by taking on Gajan's offer that he forwards you FB number to AF, wouldn' it?
Old Apr 4, 2019, 2:55 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by carnarvon
It would still be interesting to know more (and you get some form of apology or gesture from AF) by taking on Gajan's offer that he forwards you FB number to AF, wouldn' it?
Completely agree. Maybe this could have resulted in a revision of the procedures and would have been a benefit for future people going through this hassle.
Oxymore and fifty_two like this.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by carnarvon
I have sent him the details.
Landing Gear likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Need some suggestions on a similar topic. I need to book some KL/AF flights and FB seems the best way to do so. I just opened an account 2 weeks ago (I actually had one account more than 5 years ago, but I guess due to inactivity the account was shut down). A week ago I transferred 1K miles from Amex. My mom has an old account but with no miles. Do I transfer miles to her account or mine? She will not be on the reservations.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Need some suggestions on a similar topic. I need to book some KL/AF flights and FB seems the best way to do so. I just opened an account 2 weeks ago (I actually had one account more than 5 years ago, but I guess due to inactivity the account was shut down). A week ago I transferred 1K miles from Amex. My mom has an old account but with no miles. Do I transfer miles to her account or mine? She will not be on the reservations.
I would say yours by all means if you are booking the ticket in your own name.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 10:32 am
Original Poster

They seem VERY particular. I"d recommend yours if you can.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA Fan
After reading the incredible tale of wflanagan, I'd call - and email - and get guidance before committing to purchase. And I'd record the calls and archives those emails after until I've actually boarded the flight.
Just to be on the safe side (safe as you can anyway)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.