Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Air France/FB says my 317,000+ MR transfer is FRAUD! Help!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air France/FB says my 317,000+ MR transfer is FRAUD! Help!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2019, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbams
This doesn't really have much to do with Amex. It's between the OP and Flying Blue. Amex will transfer your points wherever you tell them to.
I think it DOES have a lot to do with AMEX. Namely, using the MR points is one of the chief reasons I pay annually for my Amex card. If I can't use them, or if when trying to use this benefit, you can't do it, and are told by the partner you're a "fraud" that DOES impact AMEX and my relationship with Amex negatively.

I would think that me transferring points through a PRIVATE API between AirFrance and AMEX would legitimize my account somewhat. But, I guess not.
Landing Gear likes this.

Last edited by wflanagan; Mar 25, 2019 at 6:17 am
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fifty_two
  1. You can do it but i guess it wont help as your problem has to do with internal/secret policies
  2. One good advice about airlines : miles are the sole property of an airline so they are ''more or less'' free to decide whatever they want ''up to a certain extent''
So, they are, until they aren't. UCC governs all transactions in the USA. They are more or less free to say or do whatever they want, within the context of UCC, or until a judge gets involved. And, since miles are technically taxable in the USA, they are considered transactional and are thus governed by UCC.

And, what's actually nice about their Terms and Conditions, is that they do NOT mandate arbitration. I guess that's because they're European. So, I can go to small claims court. Though, it's possible the amount is too high for small claims court.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:50 am

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by wflanagan
Just a gold card. Used to be Platinum, but didn't see the benefits to justify the $400/year charge.
But still, you are a legitimate AMEX customer. Corporate needs to own this problem and fix it.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
It really is a pity you didn't post here BEFORE doing this.

We have had many such reports over the years; it's FB policy (apparently) not to allow tickets to be booked from accounts which have never earned miles from flying.

Transfers into FB can never be undone; it's one way only. The allegation of "fraud" is of no consequence with regard to being able to undo a transfer.

Good luck and keep us informed!
They are doing business in the United States and it sure sounds like consumer fraud to me.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:57 am

I think it DOES have a lot to do with AMEX. Namely, using the MR points is one of the chief reasons I pay annually for my Amex card. If I can't use them, or if when trying to use this benefit, you can't do it, and are told by the partner you're a "fraud" that DOES impact AMEX and my relationship with Amex negatively.

I would think that me transferring points through a PRIVATE API between AirFrance and AMEX would legitimize my account somewhat. But, I guess not.
You're making me think I should transfer my Membership Rewards points to Delta instead.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:01 am

UCC governs all transactions in the USA.
Huh? Which Article of the Code did you have in mind? This is not the sale of goods nor does it involve negotiable instruments or secured transactions.
drjeffrock likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Landing Gear
They are doing business in the United States and it sure sounds like consumer fraud to me.
Is there any chance you could credit some Delta (or any other Skyteam) flights to this account in the immediate future?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Landing Gear
Huh? Which Article of the Code did you have in mind? This is not the sale of goods nor does it involve negotiable instruments or secured transactions.
Ok.. I'm not an attorney. UCC OR Common Law. The point I was making is that the SUM TOTAL of the agreement, and how it moves forward, isn't governed ONLY by their Terms and Conditions.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Wondering if you could file a complaint with the DOT like people have done when airlines tried not to honor mistake fares
amejr999 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
Have you tried to reach out to them using Twitter, as suggested above? Their Twitter team has always been great with me, quick to respond and always pertinent.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Oxymore
Have you tried to reach out to them using Twitter, as suggested above? Their Twitter team has always been great with me, quick to respond and always pertinent.
Tweet 1:
Tweet 2:
Tweet 3:

Nothing.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 5:26 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
Nothing.
I'm so sorry, that must be incredibly frustrating. Try @KLM and @airfranceUS maybe?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 9:22 pm

They answer pretty well by private message, usually! That may be something more to try...
Old Mar 26, 2019, 2:28 am
Original Poster

The first two were @airfrance directly.. (not in the public feed). They don't follow me, so I can't direct message them.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 2:57 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Was smart of you to add the hashtags on the 2nd ones, get a bit of visibility from searches. I would be surprised if they don't contact you within 72hrs. Let us know how this pans out. I'm still pretty confident you'll eventually get your miles unlocked, but no idea for the time frame, hopefully your travel plans weren't too much in a rush?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.