Question on seating with Aeroflot

Old Mar 23, 19, 4:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Question on seating with Aeroflot

Hi there

Currently flying Aeroflot metal on Air France code share.

Reading the rules on the shared services as a member of Flying Blue/ Sky Team I, as far as I have read the rules, should be able to choose the emergency seat in economy. But each time i have asked Iíve been told itís only for Aeroflot members.

Iíve read the in flight magazine which says i am allowed. Read the Skyteam website and it says access to Priority Seating. The Aeroflot desk here in Moscow says that priority seating is the emergency seat but then say in the same breath only for Aeroflot members.

Am i missing something or are they just being a pain?

Thanks
Old Mar 23, 19, 6:13 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton
Not sure about Aeroflot but I had the exact same issue on Air Europa. Because the ticket was code shared (i.e. AF ticket on UX metal) systems did not allow it. Had I booked directly on UX it would have been possible. Eventually I found someone who could do it, but it took a lot of effort (and was worth it!).

BTW FB Silver does not automatically give FREE exit row seats, but only a discounted price. As Plat I was entitled to the seat without charge.
Old Mar 23, 19, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for that.

I think my profile shows Silver but I am now Platinum. I called the Platinum hotline who after checking with someone confirmed that Aeroflot messed up.

A complaint has been put in via the hotline.
Old Mar 24, 19, 12:16 pm

Codeshares are always tricky, e.g. fly KL operated KQ matketed and you can only select some seats but no access to emergency exit or PE as Plat... and KLM claims they can't do anything about it...
Old Mar 25, 19, 12:18 am

Programs: SU Gold; KL Plat; BA Gold; A3 Silver
SU only offers free 'space+' seats to SU Gold and Platinums. SU Silver (ST Elite) gets 50% discount. I think they also give a discount to ST Elite and ST Elite+ but I cannot find a reference to this in the service terms and conditions (SU web)
Old Mar 25, 19, 12:21 am

SU Plats can select seats in advance and SU Golds can only do this at the airport during check in.
Old Mar 25, 19, 12:50 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hotels.com Silver,
Whatís the option for FlyingBlue Plat?
Old Mar 25, 19, 11:19 am

Programs: FB Gold, MileagePlus Gold
Just ask nicely at the airport. Most of the time I got a bulkhead seat.
Old Mar 28, 19, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
Codeshares are always tricky, e.g. fly KL operated KQ matketed and you can only select some seats but no access to emergency exit or PE as Plat... and KLM claims they can't do anything about it...
That's curious as I've never had an issue with KLM flights. Had an email today apologizing and offering a gesture so I'm happy with that.
Old Mar 29, 19, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by FaBSy View Post
Just ask nicely at the airport. Most of the time I got a bulkhead seat.
SU is quite strict on this and most airport use SU own check-in systems. So i doubt just asking nicely would help (unless there are other factors that permit to do this).

And I just realised that bulkhead seats are not 'Space+' on 320/ 737 and 32B, so available to anyone unless reserved for passengers with children. I personally avoid those but its a matter of preference of course.

Emergency exist seats near window are not 'Space+' too. For seating plans see here

Search this Thread