Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Vietnam airlines additional luggage Flying blue Silver

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vietnam airlines additional luggage Flying blue Silver

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2019, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: SkyTeam
Question Vietnam airlines additional luggage Flying blue Silver

Hi,

I'm flying blue Silver member since a few months and I'm going to Paris from Singapore I've multiple-choice (AF, VN) but I'm seriously thinking on going with Vietnam Airlines for 1 main reason the XP I can have a top over to HCM or Hanoi and grab 10 XP just for 1h30 stop over which is not bad I think.

However, when I simulate the booking on Vietnam Airlines I've only 1 piece of 40 KGS as a Silver Member I have the benefits of 1 more piece on every Sky Team flight do you know if for Vietnam Airlines that will be the case?

Thanks.
Appreciate your help.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Welcome to Flyertalk
There is no reason to not have this extra luggage allowance as this is a Skyteam benefit for Elite members.
If you book with VN, make sure you book in a eligible earning fare for FB accrual.
glennhaak and fifty_two like this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

Hi

Thanks and thank for your reply! ^

so maybe I didn’t explain this properly but I’m a Silver FB member base on their website I have a extra luggage

Silver: get a higher level of comfort, starting with 100 XP

• Earn 6 Miles per € spent
  • Priority check-in, baggage drop-off, and boarding
  • 25% discount on seat options
  • Free selection of standard seats
  • 1 free extra checked baggage item on SkyTeam flights

its from their website.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 5:07 am

I've flown SIN-CDG several times through VN hubs (SGN/HAN). My FB privileges always applied, and my partner's Silver status also did. VN has great fares in business class (I think they usually book in D or I, not sure). If you are willing to take some less convenient connections (day long or overnight) you can even get the AF codeshare to/from SGN for the price of the VN flight.

XP routinely doesn't post, but FB has mostly cleaned up their act on retroclaims so it's no biggie.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by korfuri
I've flown SIN-CDG several times through VN hubs (SGN/HAN). My FB privileges always applied, and my partner's Silver status also did. VN has great fares in business class (I think they usually book in D or I, not sure). If you are willing to take some less convenient connections (day long or overnight) you can even get the AF codeshare to/from SGN for the price of the VN flight.

XP routinely doesn't post, but FB has mostly cleaned up their act on retroclaims so it's no biggie.
Enjoying FB status privileges (SkyP, lounge access, etc) and earning XP/miles are 2 different unrelated things. You can book a Skyteam partner flight in a fare non eligible for FB miles/XP accrual, but still benefit from all status perks.
So I maintain that, as a precaution, prbreezy checks that the booked fare on VN will be eligible in FB earning if this is important for him/her.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, Accor Gold
Hi, do you know if the extra luggage benefit applies also to tickets which normally would give you 0 free bags? I'm looking in particular to the HAN-SIN flight booked in economy.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Danusa86
Hi, do you know if the extra luggage benefit applies also to tickets which normally would give you 0 free bags? I'm looking in particular to the HAN-SIN flight booked in economy.
Yes it's apply as WELL;
Im in prem Eco with 3 luggage on SG-CDG
Im in Eco with 0 luggage on CAY-FDF and I see my additional luggage.

If you try book with AF or KLM their website should show you your benefits before your booking is completed
Old Jul 23, 2019, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Danusa86
yes, it does.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by prbreezy
However, when I simulate the booking on Vietnam Airlines I've only 1 piece of 40 KGS as a Silver Member
Not sure how you got that (and yes, please show a screen shot!) but a single item of 40kg sounds completely wrong. 40kg is more than most baggage handlers anywhere in the world would be willing to handle, and I can't recall ever seeing any airline allowing any single standard luggage item to go above 32kg, and even then that heavy limit normally only applies to First/Business customers (or, in the US, to active military).

Besides, the VN website makes clear that Skyteam Elite member get 1 extra item of the standard 23kg.
Attached Images  
Goldorak likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.