Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > KLM Flying Dutchman
Reload this Page >

No AC power on KLM long haul to LAX - Will fl. att. help and recharge in the galley?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No AC power on KLM long haul to LAX - Will fl. att. help and recharge in the galley?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2019, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: LX LH AA AF

I have a longhaul from AMS to LAX.

Seat Guru says no AC power in ECO.

747-400

Can I count on the flight attendants doing me a favor by letting me recharge my laptop in the galley?

My battery needs replacing and gets used up quickly and I have no time to replace it before my long flight.

Thank in advance.

S
Old Mar 17, 2019, 11:20 am

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
I rather doubt it, apart from lack of space they would not want to be liable if something got spilled on it
Old Mar 17, 2019, 12:30 pm

Programs: Flying Blue
If you ask the purser. He or she can do it. He has a Office on board.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 12:43 pm

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti
I fly this type of plane on KL quite regularly and usually you can charge in the senior purser's office (located under the stairway towards the upper deck).

A couple of side notes:
-Usually multiple people are asking to charge devices, so your time might be limited.
-US and EU plugs both work fine, no need to bring a travel adapter.
-I usually charge a cell phone without issues. I've once tried to charge my 2018 HP Spectre laptop in the purser's office, but after 2,5h it still didn't have enough power to turn it on again. In the business class seats there are power outlets and charging my laptop there works fine.
SwissM likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Was on a 73G last week and a helpful F/A sought power in the front for someones apple laptop. Asked if it could sit in row 1 (middle) and those pax were fine with it. Think it ended up being stashed in the front somewhere. The FA's were very accommodating.
SwissM likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.