How to search for award tickets on SkyTeam partner airlines

Old Mar 9, 19, 5:40 am
siw
Original Poster

Programs: AF-KL FB Plat.
How to search for award tickets on SkyTeam partner airlines

How can I find reward ticket availabililty on SkyTeam partner airlines (not AF, KL, HOP)? The FB website says go to AF or KL websites. Seached in the KL website for China Airlines LGW-TPE on many different dates through 2019 just as a test but it always says no flights - since KL do not fly to LGW. Tried the AF website, which always say to change the dates so I do not get any award tickets there. I called the PSL and the guy said he can see award tickets on some dates in May 2019, so as a test I entered the same dates into the AF website but it says that there is nothing. The PSL guy said that they use a 'different system', well that's great but it does not help me using the public website when I want to search. Also I was told just to call them to search but I want to see for myself. BTW, I do login into the website with my FB number, if that makes a difference.

How to others find award tickets on non AF/KL flights? Thanks
Old Mar 9, 19, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
You just have to log in to your FB account on AF or KL site and search for award flights. The Skyteam options are displayed (if available) the same way AF and KL flights are proposed.
Regarding your specific LGW-TPE flight operated by CI, I found it in 30 sec on AF site with random dates in June.

glennhaak and paris1000 like this.
Old Mar 9, 19, 9:10 am
siw
Original Poster

I do not get any of that. I log in seach the route and dates but turn out with nothing; as I did on the telephone with the PSL guy. We searched the same flight on the same day.
Old Mar 9, 19, 12:45 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Do you tick the box "Search for flights around this date" (something along those lines)? In my experience this will return a message saying that no flights were found on non-AF-KL-flights.
Old Mar 9, 19, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by siw View Post
I do not get any of that. I log in seach the route and dates but turn out with nothing; as I did on the telephone with the PSL guy. We searched the same flight on the same day.
I looked for one pax in Y. Are you looking for several pax ? In another class of service ? Do you have enough miles on your account ?
Old Mar 10, 19, 4:00 am
siw
Original Poster

It is for 1 person and I have over 500k Miles. But I found my mistake: the search option was set to business class by default but there's not reward tickets in business class on any dates I searched - only economy class. I just assumed that so far into the future there would be some J class to take.
Old Mar 10, 19, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by siw View Post
I just assumed that so far into the future there would be some J class to take.
Unfortunately thatís not sure. CI controls the inventory they release for each partner.
Old Mar 10, 19, 11:48 am
siw
Original Poster

Thanks, case closed m'lord.

Search this Thread