Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do I credit Skymiles or Flying Blue?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2019, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott lifetime platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, AAdvantage Platinum
Do I credit Skymiles or Flying Blue?

My itinerary is JFK -LHR outbound and FRA -JFK inbound. I am ticketed by Air France in Z class, but flying on Delta metal. How many miles will I earn if I credit to Delta or Flying Blue? I don't have status in either program. Thanks
Old Mar 8, 2019, 3:15 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by mr retired
My itinerary is JFK -LHR outbound and FRA -JFK inbound. I am ticketed by Air France in Z class, but flying on Delta metal. How many miles will I earn if I credit to Delta or Flying Blue? I don't have status in either program. Thanks
Since Flying Blue is now $ base, so that will be how much your ticket costs (base cost + carrier surcharge) decide how many miles you will earn on FB.

Can't really tell for Delta SM, they seem to have MQM and MQD. MQD shall be a certain percentage of miles flown, and MQM shall be just a flown distance multiplies with the Z bonus ratio.

Depending on base as well, Flying Blue miles have a higher value across the Atlantic, while Sky Miles can sometimes have deals to Asia and Oceania, and can be great for travels within the States and Canada as well.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tbaiyun
Since Flying Blue is now $ base, so that will be how much your ticket costs (base cost + carrier surcharge) decide how many miles you will earn on FB.

Can't really tell for Delta SM, they seem to have MQM and MQD. MQD shall be a certain percentage of miles flown, and MQM shall be just a flown distance multiplies with the Z bonus ratio.

Depending on base as well, Flying Blue miles have a higher value across the Atlantic, while Sky Miles can sometimes have deals to Asia and Oceania, and can be great for travels within the States and Canada as well.
For partner-marketed tickets, Delta will credit Sky Miles based on distance flown, not amount paid. Refer to the partner earnings charts on delta.com. Sky Miles don't expire, so if you are an infrequent flyer, you don't have to worry about that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.