Pieter Elbers likely to be reappointed

Old Feb 20, 19, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
Pieter Elbers likely to be reappointed

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-n...roup-structure
"he Air France-KLM board on Tuesday confirmed it would support the reappointment of Elbers as head of KLM, whose mandate ends in April. In return, KLM agreed it would support the appointment of Smith to its supervisory board at the next AGM in Aprilóa move the Dutch unit so far has firmly resisted for fear some would regard it as French meddling in Dutch matters. "
Squerez likes this.
Old Feb 21, 19, 1:45 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
So yeah. Elbers stays, which I think is a good thing. Maybe the title of this thread should be modified?

The part I never understood is this: The CEO of AF/KL is the boss of them all. Since when isnít the boss of them all allowed to have a say about his subsidiaries?
Old Feb 21, 19, 2:16 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Ben was more than welcome to (with approval of the board) not renew Elbers' tenure. But it'd have been disastrous for the company staff and his own goodwill within AFKL, mucking around with the sole well-managed and profitable arm of the entire company. He did well to heed the protests, regardless of whether they got along or not.
Boturham, schlegfr and Squerez like this.
Old Feb 21, 19, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Zembla View Post
So yeah. Elbers stays, which I think is a good thing. Maybe the title of this thread should be modified?

The part I never understood is this: The CEO of AF/KL is the boss of them all. Since when isnít the boss of them all allowed to have a say about his subsidiaries?
I used the word "likely" because the reappointment will only take place in a couple of months and is decided by KLM Council members. "promised" could have been a better term, but too late to change title.

Search this Thread