How to find flights on Air France metal? (IND-LHR)

Old Feb 14, 19, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

How to find flights on Air France metal? (IND-LHR)

For reasons too long to explain here, I'm trying to figure out how to fly from IND-LHR with the transatlantic portion on Air France metal. I'm fine with going via Paris or any intermediate point, in the U.S. or out. But when I look on the Air France website or on consolidator sites, all I get are transatlantic flights that are actually on Delta. What should I be doing to find an actual Air France plane for that portion? Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 14, 19, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by Flyz View Post
For reasons too long to explain here, I'm trying to figure out how to fly from IND-LHR with the transatlantic portion on Air France metal. I'm fine with going via Paris or any intermediate point, in the U.S. or out. But when I look on the Air France website or on consolidator sites, all I get are transatlantic flights that are actually on Delta. What should I be doing to find an actual Air France plane for that portion? Thanks in advance.
On Google Flights (and also AF site) you can make a multi city trip, meaning you can make a route IND-CDG-LHR and the same return if you wish.
That must do the trick.
Have a nice flight
Old Feb 15, 19, 12:21 am

Programs: Gold: Flying blue / Silver: Club Accor
beware of codeshares and check also the cities where AF operates in the USA , You maybe able to reach them easily for a cheap cost or a first segment operated by delta
Old Feb 15, 19, 2:14 am

Programs: FB Plat
I did a search on Google Flights, and indeed the direct IND->CDG flight is a Delta flight that is hiding all others.

Using the multi-city tip, there is a way to find a LH AF itinary: https://flights.app.goo.gl/q8v8o
At the end, you'll have to call the AF line anyway.
Old Feb 15, 19, 4:39 am
yno

Programs: FB, M&M, Marriot, IHG, Club Carlson
As said above, the IND-CDG part is a Delta operated flight (did it last summer, easy flight from a small airport, much better than connecting via other airports in the US). It also does not fly every day (3 to 4 times a week).
And from IND, anyway, this is the only flight to the other side of the Atlantic (the only other international flights from IND stay on the American continent).
If you are willing to drive, I think the Cincinatti-CDG flight is a AF operated flight.
Old Feb 15, 19, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by yno View Post
If you are willing to drive, I think the Cincinatti-CDG flight is a AF operated flight.
No, CVG is also DL-operated.
@OP : to fly the transatlantic leg on AF metal, you need to look for options via ATL, DTW, JFK or also BOS (DL has a couple of IND-BOS flights). But, as said by other posters, be careful of code-shares on DL metal. All the stations I have mentioned have DL-operated flights in addition to AF ones. You can easily distinguish them : AF-operated flights to/from US have 3 digit flight numbers (JFK: AF00X, AF01X, AF02X; BOS &DTW : AF3XX; ATL: AF6XX), while code-shares have 4 digit flight numbers starting by 8 (AF8XXX).
If you canít find what you want on AF website, just ring them or look on Expedia or another OTA.

Starting from IND, you may consider also to fly the AF ORD-CDG service. Driving from IND to ORD can be an option.
Old Feb 17, 19, 3:39 am
Original Poster

Thanks, all. I sorted through about 50 flights and then gave up. Will try again another time.
Old Feb 17, 19, 4:18 am

Thanks, all. I sorted through about 50 flights and then gave up. Will try again another time.
What are your flight dates? We can help you to look for a suitable itinerary ?
Old Feb 17, 19, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Why not just pick up the phone and buy your ticket direct from Air France (or any travel agent), specifying the restrictions that you want (must connected in CDG, must be AF on the TATL sector)?

Last edited by irishguy28; Feb 17, 19 at 6:42 am
Old Feb 17, 19, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
Why not just pick up the phone and buy your ticket direct from Air France (or any travel agent), specifying the restrictions that you want (must connected in CDG, must be AF on the TATL sector)?
Exactly. OP will save hours doing that.

Search this Thread