Retroclaiming issues

Old Feb 8, 19, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, FB Platinum, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Retroclaiming issues

Hi there,

I am new to Skyteam and FlyingBlue.
I flew last week BRU-FCO-VLC in business with Alitalia, booked with an OTA in I class, so I'd earn 60 XP and about 5000-8000 miles.

However, I forgot to put my frequent flyer program so it didn't credit to my FB account.
no problem I thought.. Retroclaiming is something I am familiar with from Star Alliance. when I tried to do this in the app, I get An error with my PNR...
I contacted KLM on Facebook and they told me they need a copy of my boarding pass... Unfortunately, I discarded them already.

Is there any way I don't get to lose my miles and XP? This would be so disappointing and a horrible start with Skyteam...
Old Feb 8, 19, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
You registered in FB (FFP of AFKL) and fly another airline AZ with AZ-coded flights
You do not enter your FB number on the booking.
You do not keep your BP.

The situation looks bad.
Most of us OLCI and therefore keep an electronic copy of the BP.
If flights were on AFKL, the situation would be much better as AFKL would have your ticket and flight history in their system. But they don't have access to AZ system, PNR, etc...
Old Feb 9, 19, 12:32 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Le Club Accor Hotels Plat, Marriott, Hilton
Bad start indeed.

Did you try to retroclaim on the websites of both AF and KL (not the app)? AZ is a Skyteam airline, so ticket number may be enough.
Did you keep luggage tag?
What does it say if you go to MMB on AZ website?
Old Feb 9, 19, 1:48 am
Original Poster

Looks normal on mmb on Alitalia website.
I Found pictures of the boarding pass from my first and second flight but with the e-ticket number censored.... I also managed to retrieve the luggage tag from my return flight! hopefully I can use all of this as proof!
Old Feb 9, 19, 2:27 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Le Club Accor Hotels Plat, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog View Post
Looks normal on mmb on Alitalia website.
I Found pictures of the boarding pass from my first and second flight but with the e-ticket number censored.... I also managed to retrieve the luggage tag from my return flight! hopefully I can use all of this as proof!
I hope for you it looks "normal"

What I meant is if shows in any way that you flew ? Can you retrieve the BP in any way?

Regarding luggage tag, I read in another thread that FB had been content with such a proof of flying.

You have "pictures" of you boarding passes? Out of curiosity, may I know why you took pictures of BP? I never heard of such practice.
unusualtravelblog likes this.
Old Feb 9, 19, 2:59 am
Original Poster

I was sharing them on my Instagram of my blog so people could follow where I was going. That's why I blurred out the e-ticket number on the BP.

No way to get digital BPs on mmb unfortunately.
Old Feb 9, 19, 10:25 am

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Originally Posted by carnarvon View Post
You have "pictures" of you boarding passes? Out of curiosity, may I know why you took pictures of BP? I never heard of such practice.
If I cannot do OLCI I usually take a picture of my paper BP to avoid the situation of OP in case miles are not credited - I then can show this to the airline
Old Feb 11, 19, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

I just finished another set of flights and nothing credited ... I booked with An OTA. It is I class and I added FFP number in OTA booking AND Alitalia website. My FFP didn't show on BP. How can I fix this for my next flights, any idea?
Old Feb 11, 19, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog View Post
I just finished another set of flights and nothing credited ... I booked with An OTA. It is I class and I added FFP number in OTA booking AND Alitalia website. My FFP didn't show on BP. How can I fix this for my next flights, any idea?
I recommend you to show your card at check-in, so the agent can check the number appears correctly in the system.
Old Feb 13, 19, 2:38 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Yes, the secret is to show your card at check in, or at the gate at worst. Try and put the number in at the time of booking, I had no problem doing this with the OTA flugladen.de. And ALWAYS keep boarding passes. I like the suggestion above of taking a photo of boarding passes, I never thought of that.

I find the whole Skyteam thing really reliable for the crediting of miles, recognition of status and so on. Much better than the other alliances.
wuzziduzziman likes this.

Search this Thread