FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue-594/)
-   -   MU Booking showing up in KLM app but not AF app? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue/1955317-mu-booking-showing-up-klm-app-but-not-af-app.html)

vinnyc Feb 8, 2019 5:25 pm

MU Booking showing up in KLM app but not AF app?

Mods: please feel free to move to the right sub-forum as needed.

Hello all:

Technical question I cannot figure out why: I purchased a round trip (China Eastern flights) via a travel agent website: JFK-BKK via Shanghai (amazing deal, $2,300 R/T business class, fare class ‘I’). Ticket issued on MU’s stock, MU marketed and operated flights (except the Shanghai-Bangkok, operated by Shanghai Airlines, MU’s subsidiary). I entered my FB number in the reservation.

Observations:

1. The booking cannot be retrieved on MU’s website via “My Trips”, either by entering the MU’s Record Locator (provided by the travel agent website), nor with the E-Ticket number). This doesn’t surprise me as MU website explicitly says that I can view only the bookings made directly on MU website.

2. Surprisingly enough, the whole trip shows up in the KLM app under “My Trips”, with the MU Record Locator.

3. However, the same trip does not show up on the AF app. Even when I try to add manually the Revord Locator, AF doesn’t find it.

So I was just curious as to why. Don’t AF and KLM use the same GDS?

Thanks for enlightning me.

-vinnyc

Goldorak Feb 9, 2019 1:22 am

nothing to worry about. I had the same things with some GA flights. I don't know why.
I noticed that, in AF MMB (website, apps), you can only see itineraries involving at least an AFKL-operated flight.

siw Feb 9, 2019 1:42 am

I too have the same, Many more of my SkyTeam partner flights (e.g. MF and CI) show up in the KL app but not the AF app, all bought at the airline websites. Almost makes it pointless having both the KL and AF apps on my phone, when just the KL, I think, covers more.

Goldorak Feb 9, 2019 1:49 am

Originally Posted by siw (Post 30756649)
Almost makes it pointless having both the KL and AF apps on my phone, when just the KL, I think, covers more.

Except that functionalities of KL app are quite poor IMO.

carnarvon Feb 9, 2019 2:32 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 30756621)
nothing to worry about. I had the same things with some GA flights. I don't know why.
I noticed that, in AF MMB (website, apps), you can only see itineraries involving at least an AFKL-operated flight.

Same experience with OK flights not showing on AF app and website but showing on KL's.

However, on AF website, after entering the locator, I was redirected to AF.cz where the booking would be seen ; this was maybe due to the fact that the flights were AF metal (OK coded and 064 stock though).

irishguy28 Feb 9, 2019 5:51 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 30756621)

I have a forthcoming China Airlines ticket including 2 flights operated by AF using the AF flight codes.

The AF website/app won't show the booking at all, but it shows up just fine on the KLM website/app.

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 30756657)

At least it actually shows all bookings!!!

747jetter Feb 9, 2019 6:06 am

Interesting topic as my upcoming MU flights KUL-PVG-DEL aren't to be found on AF/KL. From other airlines I am only able to view SV booking. Was able to select seats on MU website even booked with OTA. Hope we are covered for mileage earning when the flight is op by Shanghai Airlines. Enjoy the trip.

Mirk Feb 9, 2019 7:24 am

In the KLM account/App I'm able to see bookings from Korean Air, China Airlines, Garuda and MEA.
I find this is a great feature which should be expanded. One World recently announced that it would soon would be possible to manage any booking from the alliance within each of its members' accounts/app.

AlvinMaker Feb 9, 2019 8:46 am

Air Europa and Vietnam Airlines flights also show up in the KLM app but not in the AF app (unless it includes an AF leg)

Porcepic Feb 9, 2019 9:34 am

Did you try all the possible ways on MU website to retrieve your booking? Some may be more successful than others, in particular the “Verify my booking” section (even if ticket bought via an OTA). Others may still work if you try some tricks (like adding “ mr” to your first name, trying both 781xxx and 781-xxx).

On a forthcoming trip with MU, I have noticed that the PNR given by the OTA was not my actual MU PNR displayed by their website.

My booking does appear on the AF app though, but I have one leg operated by AF (on MU codeshare). Interestingly, all others legs are shown but STD/STA appear as “00:00”. Needless to say, even if booked in J I can’t select my seat in advance on my AF leg…

vinnyc Feb 9, 2019 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by Porcepic (Post 30757658)
Did you try all the possible ways on MU website to retrieve your booking? Some may be more successful than others, in particular the “Verify my booking” section (even if ticket bought via an OTA). Others may still work if you try some tricks (like adding “ mr” to your first name, trying both 781xxx and 781-xxx).

I tried a lot of things, but not yet the “Mr” before my first name – will give it a try later 😃. I tried my first name only, and also First Name Middle Name (with and without the space). As for the eTicket number, I did try indeed with the dash, without success.

To be honest, I was just interested in accessing my booking and make sure all that (1) my AF/FB frequent flyer details were input properly; (2) check the fare class letter and (3) select my seats. Having been unable to do so, I called directly MU in PVG’s HQ (there is an option for English), and the agent was so nice to confirl that my FB number and Plat status were recognized, assigned the seats for me, and confirmed that the « I » fare class was indeed a public fare that is eligible fir miles (I was concerned because I booked on Vayama and was afraid there would be a catch for such a good deal – again, $2,400 R/T from JFK to BKK via PVG!!!).

Originally Posted by Porcepic (Post 30757658)
On a forthcoming trip with MU, I have noticed that the PNR given by the OTA was not my actual MU PNR displayed by their website.

My booking does appear on the AF app though, but I have one leg operated by AF (on MU codeshare). Interestingly, all others legs are shown but STD/STA appear as “00:00”. Needless to say, even if booked in J I can’t select my seat in advance on my AF leg…

I noticed two PNR and was not sure which one was the real MU one. On one of Vayama’s booking confirmation email, it says one, but on the eTicket receipt, it says another one. I tried them both, with every combination of First Name, First Name + Middle Name, without success.

I do see however that on the KLM app, KLM picks one of the two PNR, so I woukd assume that this one is the real MU one.

Anyway, funny that KLM picks the booking but not AF! I guess we’ll never solve that mystery!

-vinnyc

vinnyc Feb 9, 2019 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 30756657)

I can understand the appeal of just using the KLM app. In my humble opinion, I actually find the KLM app quite good in terms of functionalities, and it has many features that the AF app doesn’t have. I can name one on top of my head right now, such as the KTN number (the API section of the KLM app is better than the AF).

One of the drawback (but that’s me being a purist) is that all my AF-operated flights would have a KLM logo when I use the electronic boarding pass when checking in with the KLM app! 😃😂

@Goldorak: happy to hear the functionalities on the AF app that you don’t find on the KLM one. Maybe we are not focused on the same ones.

747jetter Feb 9, 2019 6:06 pm

Add "mr" behind your first name, not in front of the name - that is how it worked for me to select seats on MU website.