Cancellation or Date change on Promo award ticket

Old Feb 3, 19, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Cancellation or Date change on Promo award ticket

Just wanted to know if anybody had success in changing a promo award ticket? I am looking to book a ticket but will be traveling with kids. The travel date is 4 months from now...what if my kid gets sick or something unexpected happens. Is there a way around it?
Old Feb 3, 19, 9:05 pm

Programs: FB M&M AA Amex HH SPG and others
Originally Posted by Neild View Post
Just wanted to know if anybody had success in changing a promo award ticket? I am looking to book a ticket but will be traveling with kids. The travel date is 4 months from now...what if my kid gets sick or something unexpected happens. Is there a way around it?
The promo award tickets can't be changed. If you have travel insurance you may get something back, but you need to check the details of the insurance when and what they will cover.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Feb 3, 19, 10:32 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
Then you should book a "classic" award and not a promo reward, the cheaper miles-price comes at a cost, of the ticket not being changeable.

Last edited by glennhaak; Feb 4, 19 at 7:12 am Reason: misread original post
Old Feb 4, 19, 12:29 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton
Originally Posted by glennhaak View Post
Then you should've booked a "classic" award and not a promo reward, the cheaper miles-price comes at a cost, of the ticket not being changeable.
He hasn't booked yet. He is "looking to book" a promo award, so he will be glad of your advice.
Old Feb 4, 19, 5:29 am

what if my kid gets sick or something unexpected happens. Is there a way around it?
It's not very different than booking a cheap non-changeable/non-refundable ticket, if the conditions does not suit you, book something that does (i.e. a normal award)
Old Feb 4, 19, 7:12 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
Originally Posted by sbams View Post
He hasn't booked yet. He is "looking to book" a promo award, so he will be glad of your advice.
You are absolutely right, editing my post to change it to advice

Search this Thread