Wiki Posts
Search

Award Booking on China Southern

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Award Booking on China Southern

Has anyone been able to book awards on CZ after they left sky team?
Also, are tickets ex-China part of the ticket in person rule?
Old Jan 27, 2019, 12:34 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by dparkinson
the ticket in person rule?
What rule is that?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 2:26 am

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by dparkinson
Has anyone been able to book awards on CZ after they left sky team?
Also, are tickets ex-China part of the ticket in person rule?
To your first question: yes, no problem, done it just three weeks ago.
To your second question: if you mean, you can book a ticket with your miles for someone else: yes, no problem. Otherwise I don't understand that question.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
I just booked a CZ award and could only get an AF confirmation code and ticket #.

Neither works on CZ's website. How can I access my booking on CZ's site?
Old Jun 13, 2019, 9:17 pm

Programs: FB, MM, QR
Originally Posted by eethan
I just booked a CZ award and could only get an AF confirmation code and ticket #.

Neither works on CZ's website. How can I access my booking on CZ's site?
CZ's website is awful. Also, they often (always?) use their own separate PNR (VFNR or whatever they call it). You can get it here if you have your ticket number.
hearingdouble likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by Somnifer
CZ's website is awful. Also, they often (always?) use their own separate PNR (VFNR or whatever they call it). You can get it here if you have your ticket number.
I am having exactly the same issue with an award booking on MU. I have the Flying Blue confirmation code and a ticket number, but no way to access the booking on China Eastern's website (it's a domestic flight within the PRC). Any advice?

--

Edit: I should add that the ticket number visible on the Flying Blue website (13 digits starting with 074...) is not compatible with the e-ticket verification system on the MU website.

Last edited by hearingdouble; Jun 14, 2019 at 6:43 am
Old Jun 14, 2019, 1:35 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
Use : www travelsky.com /tsky/

I have put space (or it did not work)

Translate with google translate,
Sometime ticket 006, 074 will work, sometime not....
Old Jun 14, 2019, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by hearingdouble
I am having exactly the same issue with an award booking on MU. I have the Flying Blue confirmation code and a ticket number, but no way to access the booking on China Eastern's website (it's a domestic flight within the PRC). Any advice?

--

Edit: I should add that the ticket number visible on the Flying Blue website (13 digits starting with 074...) is not compatible with the e-ticket verification system on the MU website.
MU's website is even worse. I rarely get it to work properly (their app is not even worth a mention). The best bet in my experience is to call them. And definitely talk to their English-speaking agents. They might be hard to understand sometimes, but they get things done, unlike their Chinese-only colleagues who take forever.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by FBplatinum
Use : www travelsky.com /tsky/

I have put space (or it did not work)

Translate with google translate,
Sometime ticket 006, 074 will work, sometime not....
Have you actually got this to work consistently? I think my success ratio hovers around 10%.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 8:59 pm

The last 4 posts are about MU, not CZ.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 9:01 pm

I believe the website you linked to takes only CZ ticket #s . The ticket # AF gave me is different - I believe it's an AF ticket #.
AF agent was able to get me a different confirmation code (6 digits, alphanumeric), but he could only provide one ticket #.

So no one knows how to check CZ award bookings, except maybe to call CZ directly?
Old Jun 14, 2019, 11:28 pm

Have you actually got this to work consistently? I think my success ratio hovers around 10%.
My ratio is about 50%

One "tricky" thing with award ticket with CZ or MU, is you must have your passport # (or an ID) put in the reservation.
If it is not there, it screew up (even sometime it is a nightmare at airport with MU (less with CZ)).
The ONLY way to be sure it is there, is to CALL
Old Jun 15, 2019, 2:32 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by eethan
I believe the website you linked to takes only CZ ticket #s . The ticket # AF gave me is different - I believe it's an AF ticket #.
AF agent was able to get me a different confirmation code (6 digits, alphanumeric), but he could only provide one ticket #.

So no one knows how to check CZ award bookings, except maybe to call CZ directly?
There should only ever be one ticket number. 15 numeric digits of which the first 3 indicate which airline has issued it. There can be more than one PNR, booking reference, 6 alphanumeric, which
various airlines use to refer to the booking in their systems
Old Jun 15, 2019, 7:42 am

MU's website is even worse. I rarely get it to work properly (their app is not even worth a mention). The best bet in my experience is to call them. And definitely talk to their English-speaking agents. They might be hard to understand sometimes, but they get things done, unlike their Chinese-only colleagues who take forever.
Thanks, I will try that (and the Chinese-speaking line was never an option for me...). Travelsky didn't work.

Originally Posted by FBplatinum
One "tricky" thing with award ticket with CZ or MU, is you must have your passport # (or an ID) put in the reservation.
If it is not there, it screew up (even sometime it is a nightmare at airport with MU (less with CZ)).
The ONLY way to be sure it is there, is to CALL
Thanks for the heads-up. In your experience, is it sufficient to fill in the API form on the KLM/AF website? Or do you also need to provide the information to the airline directly?
Old Jun 15, 2019, 6:56 pm

Even you fill up everything .
The problem is the AF/KL/DL system did not update "correctly" the Chinese airline system.

I have some bad experience with some award ticket.
I suggest you call the airline to be sure your ID (can be your passeport) is there. Most of the time, it is not there.

Have your ID add BEFORE you go to airport (or if you like to run between the Chinese airline and the AF/KL/DL desk (and if is no help desk because it is a small airport.... ---> nightmare !!!)).

The Chinese airline will not issue ANY boarding pass before the airline who give you the award ticket have put your ID.
hearingdouble likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.