AF Flying Blue Contact Help

Old Jan 21, 19, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

AF Flying Blue Contact Help

Tried booking reward tickets last couple of days, no luck via phone. I was able to reserve / hold via Twitter but now have been on hold for 5 hours to simply try to pay and have the reserved tickets issued. They won’t take CC over Twitter.

Anyone have any better routes to get in touch with these people..... most absurd process I’ve ever encountered. You can’t do this via their app or website either which is even more frustrating.

Last edited by jmeargle; Jan 21, 19 at 6:00 pm
Old Jan 22, 19, 2:45 am

Programs: Gold: Flying blue / Silver: Club Accor
Originally Posted by jmeargle View Post
Anyone have any better routes to get in touch with these people..... most absurd process Iíve ever encountered. You canít do this via their app or website either which is even more frustrating.
anything unusual with your request ? can you give us full history and what are you trying to book ?? it may help us to explain what to do

did you tried to book by airfrance or klm websites ?? cause flying blue is a special entity within Airfrance/KLM group

the support for flying blue is hanlded by a 3rd party company so not 100% under control of these two airlines
Old Jan 22, 19, 5:19 am
Original Poster

Nothing unusual it was for a rewards flight from JFK to MAD. I tried flying blue for 5 hours yesterday to simply pay for the reservation I created via Twitter. I woke up this morning and called at 3am EST and got thru within 15 minutes. I think they have 1 guy sitting in a room with a headset anytime after 5p Paris time.
Old Jan 22, 19, 5:46 am

Nothing unusual it was for a rewards flight from JFK to MAD. I tried flying blue for 5 hours yesterday to simply pay for the reservation I created via Twitter. I woke up this morning and called at 3am EST and got thru within 15 minutes. I think they have 1 guy sitting in a room with a headset anytime after 5p Paris time.
i never tried through the flying blue website

But as i said , you are dealing with Airfrance/KLM , so login to one of these two airline's website and book your flight , it will probably be fine
Old Jan 22, 19, 9:06 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Le Club Accor Hotels Plat, Marriott, Hilton
As 52 is saying, why are you making it so complicated?

Go to AF or KL website and retrieve your reservation using your booking code. See if there is an option to pay what you owe them.

If there is no such possibility, try to make the same booking on line. If the amount of miles is the same (or lower ), then book and pay on line in one step.

If the cost in miles has increased and your booking is still alive, then indeed you have to speak with CS.

Keep us posted.
Old Jan 22, 19, 5:20 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC, Accor Gold, IHG Gold
I've had issues with AF and KLM's websites for award booking but using the AF app no problems at all. I even used KLM's app today for an award booking without issues.
Looks like I'm not only one to notice it that way: https://thepointsguy.com/news/flying...-restrictions/
Old Jan 23, 19, 2:34 am

just tried few minutes ago from AF website and i cant even search for award flights

so i guess something is happening from their side , either they blocked it or there is a bug in their systems

i would suggest OP to wait if possible
Old Jan 23, 19, 10:05 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
Originally Posted by Mirk View Post
I've had issues with AF and KLM's websites for award booking but using the AF app no problems at all. I even used KLM's app today for an award booking without issues.
Looks like I'm not only one to notice it that way: https://thepointsguy.com/news/flying...-restrictions/
Originally Posted by fifty_two View Post
just tried few minutes ago from AF website and i cant even search for award flights

so i guess something is happening from their side , either they blocked it or there is a bug in their systems

i would suggest OP to wait if possible
A workaround is to use the mobile site on your desktop, and it is nonsense that people with zero-balances will be excluded (I think) because I also cannot search for awards with 300K+ miles...

Search this Thread