Wiki Posts
Search

Terminal 2 connections at CdG

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2019, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Terminal 2 connections at CdG

Hi, does anyone know which Hall at 2E that flights from LHR fly into? We have an early morning red eye coming up this week, followed by a tight long haul connection from 2F. As a result I’m trying to do my homework in advance. I’m not familiar with CDG and it looks as though it’s a bit of a journey from 2E to 2F and the route you take depends on the hall where you arrive.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 9:23 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Hmmm.
Long haul from 2F? Cannot be. 2F is for Schengen flights.

​​​​​​You are possibly mistaken by the fact that some long haul flights check in in 2F if you originate from CDG. This does not mean the plane leaves from 2F. You walk to 2E after having checked in (not in your case as you leave from LHR).

Back to your first question, you cannot know in advance which hall you will arrive into at 2E.

If you said what your long haul destination is, it would make things easier to answer with certainty.

​​

Last edited by carnarvon; Jan 19, 2019 at 9:35 pm
Old Jan 20, 2019, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
LHR flight will arrive in K or L.
As Carnavon said, no long-haul departs from 2F unless you are “mistaken” by the check-in of some flights. Please tell us your destination and we’ll be able to help more.

Last edited by Goldorak; Jan 20, 2019 at 2:39 am
Old Jan 20, 2019, 1:59 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Are you on separate tickets?
Old Jan 20, 2019, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your input everyone. it is a through return ticket LHR-SXM with Air France in J.. The itinerary from AF shows arrival from LHR into terminal E and departure a tight 90 minutes later from 2F. I wonder whether this might possibly be a typo since our return flights both go through terminal E. Disappointed that I probably won’t have a chance to try one of the lounges.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by gypsyjaney
Thanks for your input everyone. it is a through return ticket LHR-SXM with Air France in J.. The itinerary from AF shows arrival from LHR into terminal E and departure a tight 90 minutes later from 2F. I wonder whether this might possibly be a typo since our return flights both go through terminal E. Disappointed that I probably won’t have a chance to try one of the lounges.
No the 2F thing is not a typo but it applies only to pax originating in CDG. In your case, you will stay in 2E. It’s not possible to know in advance which hall (although your LHR flights will arrive and leave in/from K or L). 90 min is very comfortable for intra-2E connections as you just have to go through security. If incoming flight on-time, you’ll have some time in the lounge (but not long).
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:16 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by gypsyjaney
No typo. Read my original answer.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Thank you everyone, its good to have a bit more of an idea what to expect and also not to worry about trekking to 2F. It sounds as though I won’t need a packed lunch after all - and I might even get a chance to see the new 2E lounge.
Old May 21, 2019, 8:21 pm

Which 2E Hall?

all - any thoughts on which 2E hall AF23 from JFK might arrive into?
Old May 21, 2019, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by pilotct
all - any thoughts on which 2E hall AF23 from JFK might arrive into?
not possible to know in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.