Search

Flying Blue XP with KE (Korean Air)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2019, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Flying Blue XP with KE (Korean Air)

Hello everyone,

I have to fly to Auckland, New Zealand from Rome over summer. It seems that my only option to stay with SkyTeam is KE. I could get MU too but I have been to Shanghai several times and never in Seoul (so I can have a few days stopover). I was wondering if any of you flew with KE in Prestige Class (is it good in comparison with the business class of AF/KLM?); the flights I should be on are: KE932 and KE129 on the way out and KE130 KE931 on the way back. From/to FCO the aircraft is a 747 and to/from AKL it is a 777-200 , I cannot understand if I will have the latest prestige class or the old one on these flights. It seems to me that all of them are elegible for XP points on the Flying Blue Program, is there anyone who could help me to verify this?

Another option would to fly to SIN from FCO (via CDG) and then continue on NZ or SQ (I flew with them in the past and I love both of them but they are *A so it is not an option)
Many thanks!
Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:06 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
This will give you an impression of the 747:

Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by LadyPlatinum
Hello everyone,

I have to fly to Auckland, New Zealand from Rome over summer. It seems that my only option to stay with SkyTeam is KE. I could get MU too but I have been to Shanghai several times and never in Seoul (so I can have a few days stopover). I was wondering if any of you flew with KE in Prestige Class (is it good in comparison with the business class of AF/KLM?); the flights I should be on are: KE932 and KE129 on the way out and KE130 KE931 on the way back. From/to FCO the aircraft is a 747 and to/from AKL it is a 777-200 , I cannot understand if I will have the latest prestige class or the old one on these flights. It seems to me that all of them are elegible for XP points on the Flying Blue Program, is there anyone who could help me to verify this?

Another option would to fly to SIN from FCO (via CDG) and then continue on NZ or SQ (I flew with them in the past and I love both of them but they are *A so it is not an option)
Many thanks!
for XP earning, yes, as long as your flight is KE-operating (or another ST Airline), there is no problem.
For KE experience, you may read my experience 2 years ago on CDG-ICN-PNH in J, where I was quite disappointed by the long-haul flight. The regional flight was much better.
A bit disappointed with my KE experience
Old Jan 13, 2019, 5:15 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
KLM and AF also have codeshares with non ST airlines which also earn XP's and miles as long as the flight is KL/AF coded. I used a KLM and SQ combination last year to Sydney, all with AF codes and points posted normally. There are now also codeshares with QF.

Not implying that your KE options are not good, just informing that there may be others too
Old Jan 13, 2019, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Thank you everyone!Now I have all the info I needed. Indeed that SQ or NZ flights in codeshare with AF could be another option (I originally thought I would not get any xps in those legs). I have to check the fares too in the dates I need them but KE could be an ok solution. If food is just ok, it is annoying but the seat for me is more important and the J cabin seems ok.

Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.