Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyTeam Elite+ - AF no longer opening up seat maps?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: AZ Executive (STE+) - FB Silver (STÉ)- Lounge Key
Y : STE+ / Flex pax : front and rear // STE and non-status : rear depending on class

Originally Posted by BA6501

Because non-status pax often get the choice of a handful of seats towards the rear.
Yes it is not the best benefit ever but for AF Medium-haul seating arrangement point of view, it is a relatively good Perk.
When I was Silver STE, I could only select from row 19 with a mini fare while non-status Y pax under a higher booking class could select rows 10-19.
Flex or Gold STE+ can select front and read regardless of the booking class.

Summary and if I am not mistaken, here is the following seating selection possibilities in Y medium-haul AF flights:
- STE+ / Flex and maybe Abonnés pax : front and rear except middle according to J cabin size. Plat get exit row fee waived.
- STE and non-status : middle or rear depending on the booking class booked with the possibility for STE to choose before check-in their limited seats.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 2:34 am

Programs: FB platinum
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Sorry, but I don't see what's nice about this perk - row 4 are just normal seats but in the front of the plane - I don't think they are Siege+ seats or any additional leg room seats. (or are these seats normally also for an upcharge?)

If it was for the Eco+ seats like those on KLM, that would be a nice perk.
AFAIK, non-status pax cannot select seats before OLCI, and even then often not at the front of the plane. In this case, I'm certain that all 4 of us are seated together and will disembark at the same time So sure, those are not economy comfort seats, but still, it's nice.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by lynxy
AFAIK, non-status pax cannot select seats before OLCI
Yes I think they can but for a fee.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Yes I think they can but for a fee.
On AF I think yes, but for a fee and only in back.
On KL anywhere for a fee, which is lower for status pax.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.