Wiki Posts
Search

Claim missing miles flown with SU

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2018, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Gold
Claim missing miles flown with SU

The end of the year is rapidly approaching and I'm trying to gather every single piece of XP I can in order to requalify.

I've stumbled upon a SU metal SVO-HEL flight from last June that has not yet been credited to my account. I've been trying to do this online for the last 2 days but the FB website seems to be acting up. I called FB this afternoon and they told me they are not able to handle this over the phone for non AF/KL flights. She then proposed that I send my e-ticket receipt as well as my boarding pass.

Well, I have located the boarding pass but it is absolutely unreadable. I can decipher what's written on it because I know what's supposed to be there but after I scan it, you can't make anything out of it. A FB agent told me that I should then contact SU directly and ask them for a "proof of flying". Does anyone have any experience of doing something similar? I somehow doubt that SU will be able to/ agree to deliver me such a document.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RabbitIYH
The end of the year is rapidly approaching and I'm trying to gather every single piece of XP I can in order to requalify.

I've stumbled upon a SU metal SVO-HEL flight from last June that has not yet been credited to my account. I've been trying to do this online for the last 2 days but the FB website seems to be acting up. I called FB this afternoon and they told me they are not able to handle this over the phone for non AF/KL flights. She then proposed that I send my e-ticket receipt as well as my boarding pass.

Well, I have located the boarding pass but it is absolutely unreadable. I can decipher what's written on it because I know what's supposed to be there but after I scan it, you can't make anything out of it. A FB agent told me that I should then contact SU directly and ask them for a "proof of flying". Does anyone have any experience of doing something similar? I somehow doubt that SU will be able to/ agree to deliver me such a document.
Try to change your scan settings to make it more legible (play with contrast, brightness, etc...). Bear in mind too that, if your flight was last June, you must make your claim ASAP as retro-claims must be made within 6 months of the flight. If it was in the first week of June, it is already over 6 months.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 3:44 pm

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
"I have located the boarding pass but it is absolutely unreadable. I can decipher what's written on it because I know what's supposed to be there but after I scan it, you can't make anything out of it". I guess you have your original booking/ticket somewhere? That should be used as additional evidence. And sorry, a BP is either readable and then gives a clear scan/photo, or faded out. Did you take a one-way? That is often expensive....Did you take a return and only one leg was not booked? That could improve credibilty of your case to FB.

Further, I see the vast majority of flights SVO-HEL are with Finnair and the Aeroflot flights can be codeshared with Finnair or Nordic Regional; are you sure you bought an Aeroflot ticket using Aeroflot metal so that it is eligible for FB? If your were on Finnair or Nodric R. metal, tant pis, you are nog eligible.

Btw to avoid the situation you face I always a) keep my e-ticket in some archive in my mailbox and b) check in always electronically so that I have a PDF of my boarding pass /// and in cases I did not check in electronically, I make a clear picture of my paper boarding pass almost directly when I get it.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 9:31 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Having digital copies is always good advise indeed. I had a number of AZ segments that fid not credit, but sending them the e-ticket pdf and boarding pass pdf it was resolved within hours.

The OP may still have a digital version of the BP in his/her mailbox maybe? Or otherwise a very high contrast scan or photo may do the trick. They may not even care if it's fully readable or not, as long as there is some proof you were on the flight.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Thank you all for your input.

Originally Posted by atflyer
Did you take a one-way? That is often expensive....Did you take a return and only one leg was not booked? That could improve credibilty of your case to FB.

Further, I see the vast majority of flights SVO-HEL are with Finnair and the Aeroflot flights can be codeshared with Finnair or Nordic Regional; are you sure you bought an Aeroflot ticket using Aeroflot metal so that it is eligible for FB? If your were on Finnair or Nodric R. metal, tant pis, you are nog eligible.
The flight was indeed a one-way, SU prices those exactly the same as they would a return, which is great. And yes, the flight was on SU metal.

Unfortunately I do not have a digital version of my BP - or at least couldn't find one. I rarely bother getting one when flying ex-SVO as Russian authorities require you to get a physical copy anyway (it needs to be stamped, like most things in Russia). I have contacted Aeroflot but have, predictably, not received a response yet. I may give a high-res scan another go but it didn't yield any result the first time around. However, I found out that I still my luggage tag, and it's perfectly readable. I wonder if that might do the trick?

I'll keep you guys posted!
Old Dec 10, 2018, 11:45 pm

Programs: FB (platinum for life), AAdvantage (exec platinum), Aeroflot Bonus (gold)
Call aeroflot phone number, better use the one in the US +1-866-8797647 -- they would forward your call to an English-speaking representative who are usually more knowledgeable than the Russian-speaking ones. Maybe they'll be able to help.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 5:28 am
Original Poster

It took a little over two weeks for FB to get back to me but happy to report that they were finally able to credit the miles and XP after I provided the luggage tag.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 1:07 am

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Haha! Great they accepted a luggage tag as proof. Welcome as Gold again in 2019?
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by atflyer
Haha! Great they accepted a luggage tag as proof. Welcome as Gold again in 2019?
I miscalculated, I'm going to be 5XP short...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.