Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2018, 7:12 am

I also got 5 XP CDG-BSL last June.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KLouis
I also got 5 XP CDG-BSL last June.
Originally Posted by AlvinMaker
For CDG-BSL, I can confirm I got 5 XP each way some weeks ago!
Apologies. I got confused. What has changed on CDG-BSL is not that they treat it as domestic but rather than they treat it as economy even when booked in J, as I reported in post 1794 in the main FB changes thread. Before April, notwithstanding the single cabin on the actual flight, tickets booked in a business bucket on CDG-BSL were treated as business class for FB purposes.

My understanding is that this is different for CDG-GVA where J is J, so to speak.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 8:44 pm

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Originally Posted by NickB
Apologies. I got confused. What has changed on CDG-BSL is not that they treat it as domestic but rather than they treat it as economy even when booked in J, as I reported in post 1794 in the main FB changes thread. Before April, notwithstanding the single cabin on the actual flight, tickets booked in a business bucket on CDG-BSL were treated as business class for FB purposes.

My understanding is that this is different for CDG-GVA where J is J, so to speak.
That is really weird. If you book J, you should be getting at least the FB benefits of J, even if they fly you in a single class aircraft. I guess you can only book J CDG-BSL as a multi-leg ticket and when you come from a connecting flight that has a proper J class? The question is then if the add-on leg CDG-BSL now makes the overall ticket considerably cheaper since that leg is now in Y. KL has some connections from AMS only offered by Transavia - I wonder what XP you get for a J ticket say JFK-AMS-next destiation with Transavia where you end up in a single class aircraft. I assume they still give you 15 XP for the last leg since you paid business.....
Old Nov 25, 2018, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by atflyer
That is really weird. If you book J, you should be getting at least the FB benefits of J, even if they fly you in a single class aircraft.
That is the way it worked until last April but not since the changeover to XPs.
I guess you can only book J CDG-BSL as a multi-leg ticket and when you come from a connecting flight that has a proper J class?
Correct as to the former. Not sure as to the latter. There would need to be a J fare for the routing but it does not follow that the specific aircraft needs to have J class.
The question is then if the add-on leg CDG-BSL now makes the overall ticket considerably cheaper since that leg is now in Y.
Not necessarily at the level of the individual itinerary/flight but it does seem to be the case that some AF business fares out of BSL tend to be at the cheaper end,
Old Nov 25, 2018, 5:05 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by atflyer
I assume they still give you 15 XP for the last leg since you paid business.....
The question is if you paid for business for that leg. Perhaps the ticket is cheaper because that leg is in Y instead of C. You said it yourself: makes the overall ticket considerably cheaper since that leg is now in Y

So you can't have both: Business class miles and a cheaper ticket because you fly in Y. Who is to say that the ticket is not already cheaper than an itinerary with 'real' business class flights?

Is there a route that is operated by both KL and Transavia? If so, we can compare the business class prices between the two flights - to see if generally there is a price difference with the Transavia flights.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
Wonder if that applies to a J class ticket with Nairobi to Kigali on KQ. Had been thinking of mileage run involving that, but it's an economy-only service...
Old Nov 25, 2018, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Xandrios
The question is if you paid for business for that leg. Perhaps the ticket is cheaper because that leg is in Y instead of C. You said it yourself: makes the overall ticket considerably cheaper since that leg is now in Y
It does not work that way. Fares are not calculated segment by segment and AF business class fares to BSL are not particularly cheaper than business class fares to ZRH or GVA.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 6:26 am

I don't think that there was any doubt left, but I got 15 XP for GVA-CDG (in J). And points post really quickly (finished my trip about 8 hours ago and XP/miles are posted).
Old Nov 26, 2018, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Can one actually get XPs for flying with Transavia, I wonder? If so, that opens up a new realm of possibilities.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
Can one actually get XPs for flying with Transavia, I wonder? If so, that opens up a new realm of possibilities.
I did - MAN-AMS was five points.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Not on proper Transavia, but yes on cases where Transavia operated flight is marketed by KL (or AF?) as a connection.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, fair enough, that’s what I thought it would be. I suppose the same situation applies to Hop !

For the MAN-AMS flight above, it must have been with a KL flight number then.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I suppose the same situation applies to Hop
Hop flights are eligible in any event, even as stand alone under A5 code.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So that’s a bit weird about Transavia, given they are one of the named members of the Flying Blue program. At least we get XPs for flights with all SkyTeam members, because with Lufthansa all qualifying flights have to be only with Lufthansa Group airlines.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

with Lufthansa all qualifying flights have to be only with Lufthansa Group airlines.
AIUI, this applies only for "Frequent Traveller" qualification by segment. OTOH, all *A airlines flights qualify if you earn status the "normal" way, viz. by mileage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.