Wiki Posts
Search

KL/AF website only shows non-modifiable fare

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2018, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus, British Airways Executive Club
KL/AF website only shows non-modifiable fare

I am looking for an air ticket next year for Hong Kong - Venice, but the websites of KL / AF only shows a promo economy fare which is non-modifiable nor refundable, and get 0 miles on Aeroflot bonus. How can I buy another fare on economy with other conditions?
Old Nov 17, 2018, 11:34 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Ultimate Platinum for Life/Club 2000, UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by miklcct
I am looking for an air ticket next year for Hong Kong - Venice, but the websites of KL / AF only shows a promo economy fare which is non-modifiable nor refundable, and get 0 miles on Aeroflot bonus. How can I buy another fare on economy with other conditions?
Both AF and KL websites show whatever is the cheapest fare in its inventory for a given flight. In addition, AF shows the full-flex fare in Y. This is at variance with airlines like DL, which let you access every booking classes of its inventory. If you need to book with a specific class of reservation, the best option is to call them. They will of course accommodate your needs.

Macaron54
Goldorak likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Macaron54
Both AF and KL websites show whatever is the cheapest fare in its inventory for a given flight. In addition, AF shows the full-flex fare in Y. This is at variance with airlines like DL, which let you access every booking classes of its inventory. If you need to book with a specific class of reservation, the best option is to call them. They will of course accommodate your needs.

Macaron54
Out of curiosity, when you say "airlines like DL", which airlines are you thinking of beyond DL? United is the only airline I know other than DL whose online booking engine allows the purchaser to specify the booking class. Are there others?
Old Nov 18, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Ultimate Platinum for Life/Club 2000, UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by NickB
Out of curiosity, when you say "airlines like DL", which airlines are you thinking of beyond DL? United is the only airline I know other than DL whose online booking engine allows the purchaser to specify the booking class. Are there others?
Not really sure, being rather loyal to the SkyTeam, and to a lesser extent to the Star Alliance. AA offers a variety of options, though not all booking classes.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus, British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by Macaron54

Macaron54
I need to get a list of options in order to compare the conditions for modification and refund to determine whether I should go AF/KL or SU.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.