Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Blue Regular Platinum

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2020, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Concerto
Just have to pray that the flight reduction is now fully organised and there won't be any more cancellations.
Keep your fingers crossed!

My colleague who books our flights just told me that this morning she was notified of seven cancellations to various destinations on a single date not even three weeks from now.

It has become so messy that we now try to book flights no more than two weeks out, preferably just one, to avoid all these cancelations and changes. Last I heard, we still had 130+ tickets outstanding for refunds for departures from March onwards. The money has started trickling in recently, though.

Johan
Old Nov 8, 2020, 3:40 am

Programs: FB Gold • LH Senator • BA Silver • ITA Premium
On the back of my card I have the German platinum service line. I knew that, dialling the number given above, it was the platinum service because I had to enter my number and an agent picked up really quickly - actually, I had placed the phone in such a way as to expect a longer wait and had a few seconds of fiddling to pick it up again! Yes, they did handle a complex request and have changed the ticket a number of times since my first call, in accordance with my needs. Top service I would say.
I've a different experience... I've noted that the waiting time for Platinum service line is more long than the normal service line that I was used to call when I was Gold.
I'm based in Italy. Sometimes the operator speaks italian, some other times he speaks english... not a big issue for me, but that's it.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Got my new card and set of luggage tags today. Not very classy, looks a real letraset job. There's letters missing and half knocked off. How many of you remember letraset?

https://hullabaloo.co.uk/blog/whatev...ened-letraset/
Old Dec 22, 2020, 6:58 am

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum Ultimate, VA Velocity Platinum, ALL Platinum
Got my new card and set of luggage tags today. Not very classy, looks a real letraset job. There's letters missing and half knocked off. How many of you remember letraset?

https://hullabaloo.co.uk/blog/whatev...ened-letraset/
This year I got my letter opened with some tape on it. Gonna say it was the fault of La Poste. On top of them problems you mentioned, definitely not a premium experience.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 10:09 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Got invited to KLM personal assistance for earning 800 UXP in 2 years until March 2023. Great, now lift the travel bans and I can actually use it
Old Dec 23, 2020, 2:40 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by r0gerthat
Got invited to KLM personal assistance for earning 800 UXP in 2 years until March 2023. Great, now lift the travel bans and I can actually use it
Nice! Can you confirm you are based in NL? I believe KLM personal assistance does not exist for members outside NL.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 7:36 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
KLM PA is only available for Platinum members living in the Netherlands. I was also invited again. Normally you receive PA for 2 years. Because of the current situation it now is 6 months longer.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by Mirk
Nice! Can you confirm you are based in NL? I believe KLM personal assistance does not exist for members outside NL.
Yep, in NL indeed.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 3:49 am

Great service on my flight to HND. Greeted by name, asked me if I wanted a glass of champagne, got served first during meals and when I asked for some cream in my coffee the FA said "Wait a moment please, I have something better" and went to get a bottle of milk instead.
Its the small things that count, even in Y.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 3:02 pm

Service on my return flight from HND was just as good (also in Y). Purser came to greet me once we were in the air, wishing me a happy new year and making sure everything had gone well during my trip, then he handed me a J amenity kit and thanked me for my loyalty.

And when I asked him for another blanket and pillow he whispered a little "I'll see what I can do" and came back with a J pillow and blanket. Night and day when it comes to comfort compared to the standard Y ones, made the 3:30AM arrival into CDG a bit less unbearable.
Goldorak, AZ112, Carel1 and 4 others like this.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 6:35 pm

Programs: AZ Executive (STE+) - FB Silver (STÉ)- Lounge Key
After seeing so many empty J/C rows (4 on E190 PRG) on Medium-haul flights and easy refund policies even on return legs for the time being, may the covid create new furthers post-outbreak opportunities for Plat perks if AF is still alive? Trying out my luck avant de me manger un mur.

Last edited by catsniper75; Jan 12, 2021 at 7:03 pm
Old Jan 14, 2021, 7:13 pm

AMS-TPE in Y with KLM, greeted by name myself (platinum) and partner (explorer), a bit of chit chat and offered some complementary snacks and water as soon as we boarded. Flight was mostly empty with many rows empty, service was great and all interactions were excellent.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 1:34 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Am I missing anything on our tickets where I am Platinum and earn less than FB explorer? We have AM stock in "I" class. I would expect as Plat I have to get 100% more than explorer.

Old Mar 19, 2021, 12:38 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
Originally Posted by 747jetter
Am I missing anything on our tickets where I am Platinum and earn less than FB explorer? We have AM stock in "I" class. I would expect as Plat I have to get 100% more than explorer.

On Aeromexico in I class, the earning is 125% of the flying distance. Therefore, your explorer member winning 27594, the flying distance is roughly 22075 miles.

A platinum member will win: flying distance * 125% (I class) + flying distance*100% (bonus platinum) = 27594 + 22075 = 49669 (which is pretty close)

So, all in all, there is no “plat bonus” on a “class bonus”.
On economy ticket, the class bonus is a malus, so the plat bonus applies on all (quite difficult sentence)
Old Mar 19, 2021, 12:58 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by canadavid
On Aeromexico in I class, the earning is 125% of the flying distance. Therefore, your explorer member winning 27594, the flying distance is roughly 22075 miles.

A platinum member will win: flying distance * 125% (I class) + flying distance*100% (bonus platinum) = 27594 + 22075 = 49669 (which is pretty close)

So, all in all, there is no “plat bonus” on a “class bonus”.
On economy ticket, the class bonus is a malus, so the plat bonus applies on all (quite difficult sentence)
Thank you for explanation. It makes total sense to me now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.