Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Benefits of Flying Blue Silver on Delta?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Benefits of Flying Blue Silver on Delta?

I just got Flying Blue Silver status a few weeks ago (first status ever). Now I'm taking a flight on Delta tomorrow, but nothing seems to have changed: choosing any seat (exit row, front, etc.) other than standard costs the same as before, checking one bag still costs the same, my boarding pass doesn't have anything special on it other than the FB number, same boarding zone as always (2). Am I missing something? I think possibly I'm misreading the benefits on the AF web site, or I didn't see the fine print. I tried searching on the forum, but couldn't find any information. Thanks!
Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:58 pm

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
With KL and AF, silver give you that free bag. Not sure about Delta
XP in KLM economy comfort
Old Nov 11, 2018, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Silver corresponds to Elite level in Skyteam. You can look at benefits across the alliance here :
https://www.skyteam.com/en/frequent-flyers/

If you just got this status and booked your DL ticket before, it is possible that the system doesn’t reflect correctly your new status. You may try to delete and re-enter your FB number in the booking.
Slussen likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. I got the status a few weeks ago and booked the ticket this past Friday. Should I call Delta or Flying Blue to ask for more details? Would the person at the check-in counter be able to help me?
Old Nov 12, 2018, 12:14 am

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
Have you tried deleting and adding your number back again to your booking? If it's still not reflected, you can just call Delta.
You can always show your card at the check-in if you're having issues.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Spoke to check-in agent, called the delta and flying blue help lines, no one seems to know how to fix it. Next step will be the gate agent
Old Nov 12, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
To answer your questions regarding benefits, you should get a free bag, some kind of priority boarding, and are eligible for upgrades to Comfort+ and domestic first class (not that your chances are great as you are after all Delta elites, but if you fly off-peak, the stars may align once in a while!)

Also, it may take a while (as in, a few days/weeks) for your status to update in DL's database, so the computer may not recognize you as elite immediately.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

So called and messaged both Delta and Flying Blue. Both are saying my status is there but people at the gate and airport say they don't see it. I don't know who to contact at this point.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 1:48 am

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
Originally Posted by Oxymore
To answer your questions regarding benefits, you should get a free bag, some kind of priority boarding, and are eligible for upgrades to Comfort+ and domestic first class (not that your chances are great as you are after all Delta elites, but if you fly off-peak, the stars may align once in a while!)

Also, it may take a while (as in, a few days/weeks) for your status to update in DL's database, so the computer may not recognize you as elite immediately.
You'd be surprised. I was just Silver this year when flying from IAD to ATL and was among the first on the waitlist to be upgraded.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Finally got someone on the phone who told me there's a communication problem with the Flying Blue and Delta computer systems, reported by multiple customers, and they are working on it. I should keep my receipts and they will re-reimburse the checked bag fees (apparently). They have no idea when it will be fixed.

What's especially annoying, is that 3 out of the 4 flights had/have nearly empty Comfort+ sections.

Thanks for all the replies.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 1:10 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by B0gdan
You'd be surprised. I was just Silver this year when flying from IAD to ATL and was among the first on the waitlist to be upgraded.
I know it happens! I even enjoyed a LAX-JFK a few years ago!
Old Nov 23, 2018, 6:50 am
Original Poster

I got this response from Flying Blue finally:

We would like to confirm you that you have reached to Silver on 29 October 2018.
However, to have your silver benefit when you take a flight on other airlines such as Delta, you should present your physical Silver card upon check in. Otherwise, the agent of Delta airlines can not check you level status as they can not access our system.
That seems weird...So to get any benefits I have to check-in with an agent and show my card? Is this what everyone else is doing?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.