Wiki Posts
Search

787-10 "Eurobusiness" seat?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2018, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
787-10 "Eurobusiness" seat?

Hi all, I've been searching manually and using the search tool for an answer but have not found one.

I'm looking at buying in the next few days a split KLM/Delta itinerary, through Delta, for a year from now JRO-AMS-LAX. The Delta site lists the class of service for the 787-10 flight JRO-DAR-AMS as "Eurobusiness" on a 787-10, presumably taking over for current WB on that route, Other flights I see on KLM with long-haul planes use the term "World Business" for that class of service.

I'm puzzled, because I think of Eurobusiness as the crappy 33-inch narrowbody seats with the middle seat blocked out, and I can't imagine that on a 787-10. However, I also can't find a seat map for KOLM 787-10 (which I know they haven't introduced) on seat guru and after searching "KLM 787-10 sets" and variant phrases on here.

Does anyone have any idea why it's being called "Eurobusiness' for 787-10 and, more importantly, what the actual seating will be. I know I'm being ultracautious but before I lay out many thousands of dollars...

Many thanks,

FTF
Old Nov 11, 2018, 2:38 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
The IT "translation" of booking classes across DL and KL systems is notoriously bad. Take a look at the same flights on klm.com for more reliable info
Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:50 am

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
KLs 787s have reversed herringbone J seats. So I guess it is a translation error,, certainly if you pay a J price. Having said that Goldorak had an interesting experience in the thread below (post 1718) but that was Delta screwing and mixing up booking codes...
Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate Status
Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by atflyer
KLs 787s have reversed herringbone J seats. So I guess it is a translation error,, certainly if you pay a J price. Having said that Goldorak had an interesting experience in the thread below (post 1718) but that was Delta screwing and mixing up booking codes...
Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate Status
Yes, this is just a glitch in their system. The KL787 has definitely long-haul J seats and not the European J-class arrangements. So, to OP : don't worry, you can book the 787 in J
Old Nov 12, 2018, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Thanks, atflyer and Goldorak. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.