Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Operated by Flybe... Check in

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by ywlgy
Thanks for sharing your experience. How long is your connecting time in CDG? My friend had 1 bag lost and 1 bag delayed last time because of extreme tight connection in CDG.
My connection time was about 85 min; the other chap said he had 3 hours. Apparently, he could see his bag from the plane, just sat on a trolley. He complained about it not being loaded but nothing happened. Not sure who is to blame here - presumably the CDG baggage handlers?
Old Dec 12, 2018, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by PeteM01
My connection time was about 85 min; the other chap said he had 3 hours. Apparently, he could see his bag from the plane, just sat on a trolley. He complained about it not being loaded but nothing happened. Not sure who is to blame here - presumably the CDG baggage handlers?

I had this happen to me on GRU-CDG-MAN with the last leg being on the Flybe codeshare a few months back. I was on a J ticket with a couple of hours layover but my suitcase literally sat next to the plane the whole time while boarding. I could see it out of the window but it never got loaded due to weight issues with all the checked baggage. Apparently as many people are travelling with more than once piece on AF tickets (due to status or cabin allowance etc) the smaller Embraer planes can’t carry it all in the hold.

This combined with the check in issues and inconsistency of service at both MAN and CDG means I actively avoid the Flybe codeshares now and only book on itineraries with AF operated flights to and from CDG. This has actually led me using KLM three times recently instead.
rosensfole likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by PeteM01
Apparently these vouchers are now only good for water and biscuits - everything else is BoB.
no comment...
When you see the price difference booking under AF or BE code, this is truly a scandal. The water and biscuit representing something like 0.5 EURO is so generous !
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Airframe

I had this happen to me on GRU-CDG-MAN with the last leg being on the Flybe codeshare a few months back. I was on a J ticket with a couple of hours layover but my suitcase literally sat next to the plane the whole time while boarding. I could see it out of the window but it never got loaded due to weight issues with all the checked baggage. Apparently as many people are travelling with more than once piece on AF tickets (due to status or cabin allowance etc) the smaller Embraer planes can’t carry it all in the hold.

This combined with the check in issues and inconsistency of service at both MAN and CDG means I actively avoid the Flybe codeshares now and only book on itineraries with AF operated flights to and from CDG. This has actually led me using KLM three times recently instead.
I wish I could avoid the FlyBe flights all the time but I often need to get the earliest flights from MAN to make my connections, and so FlyBe is the only choice on the way out. I could have chosen a later AF flight for the return CDG-MAN leg but 3 hours in the 2EK lounge is not that appealing.

In today's case, the flight was not full and very little luggage was delivered at MAN (and only two of us had missing bags), so an overloaded plane does not seem possible...
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

UPDATE: Just came back from the trip. OLCI is not possible. AF website directed me to Flybe website for OLCI but Flybe website said there was an error. Tried the PNR on Flybe website and found the booking but could not finish it at the last step. Checking in for the AF leg only was also not possible. AF app did not work either. Had to check in at the airport and thankfully the queue was not long.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:49 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond
A couple of flybe flights for me on the man-cdg route (in both directions).

When booked on Flybe ticket with AF gold card associated, fast track was ok in MAN because they don't really check/care, other than that no lounge granted at MAN or CDG, as expected. I wouldn't do this again unless it was the only option.
Checking in for CDG-MAN was on AF app, couldn't change seats as they were all taken.

Booked with AF ticket as AF gold, fast track and lounge was ok, I only got a food voucher on of my flights (a Man to CDG segment), not an issue as I am satisfied with the lounge offerings in both CDG 2E and MAN these days.
MAN lounge 1903 has a list of authorised passengers from AF/KL who are flying with flybe (this is not the case on AF.KL flights, where you just need to show boarding pass), this could cause an issue if you booked last minute I assume.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 1:29 am

FlyBe ‘saved’

Might mean an improvement? On my most recent flight, their new (very expensive) IT system was already in operation and the OLCI had been upgraded. Checking in was quicker and quicker. A little more consistency in the service would be most welcome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.