Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How about another year of Gold benefits?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:45 am
Original Poster

How about another year of Gold benefits?

Just got the standard email from about this time of year encouraging me to book more flights to ensure that I can maintain Gold:
Heads up! Your XP level is almost enough to keep your Gold benefits next year. Simply take it to 180 XP by 31 December 2018 and you will be all set!

Slightly further down the email it tells me that I'm currently on 245 XP, and with 34 XP already booked for next week, shouldn't they be encouraging me to go for Plat?

I'm sure I've been in this situation before, but I've never been quite so far over the threshold at the time of the mailing. Good old Flying Blue!
Old Nov 8, 2018, 2:17 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
i guess it was a bug

what was your level in 2017 ?
Old Nov 8, 2018, 2:52 am
Original Poster

Gold since 2016.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 5:45 am

Programs: FB Plat
It's just a reminder sent to everybody before their qualification year finishes. I also got a reminder that I'm close to requalify to Platinum (I already am).

Yes, they should have sent you an incentive to become Plat instead. I believe it is another mailbag, triggered by different rules.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 5:48 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Indeed, my partner too received the same email, when the threshold is way over... I guess it is a SW bug. Though I did not get it but I am way above the threshold as a Plat.

Cheers!
Old Nov 8, 2018, 6:44 am

same here, really confidence inspiring how well they manage their IT - not hat an airline needs working IT otherwise ... similar to the std sentence you get when claiming missing miles stating to make sure to include the FB number when booking flights/checking-in whereas the FB number was there all the time and they just failed to credit 1 out of 4 segments of a trip (OK, I stop my rant now ...).
fifty_two likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Received the same erroneous message a few days ago. Just got an apology mail from them saying they would aim to send correct information in the future ��
Old Nov 9, 2018, 10:43 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

haha.. same here, received an email about the mistake.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 12:56 am

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Same here...first the mail with encouragement to become gold (while I am way above that XP level already) and 2 days later a mail explaining they made an error.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Yes, I also got the apology email (for the inconvenience). Although I did start this thread about it all, I didn't feel particularly inconvenienced. Probably about as inconvenienced as I am by the need to delete the new email!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.