Miles upgrades on KL-coded, AF metal long hauls

Old Nov 7, 18, 2:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA ExClub Blue (ex Silver), Flying Blue Silver (ex Platinum), M&M forever base soldier
Miles upgrades on KL-coded, AF metal long hauls

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere (could not find the info), but how can I get (pending availability, of course) an upgrade using miles on a KL-coded, AF-metal flight ?
- The Flying Blue line tells me that their software does not let them do it, I have to call KL
- ... and sure enough, the KLM line tells me that they cannot take miles payments, only Flying Blue can do it

My "target" flight is an EZE-CDG segment (part of a SCL-EZE-CDG itinerary), while the CDG-SCL outbound flight is AF-coded, ticket purchased on AF stock, if that matters.
Old Nov 8, 18, 3:12 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Accor Gold
In any case you should only call FB for advance upgrade, as KL neither AF can retrieve miles from your account until OLCI opens.

If you are calling FB in America, good luck, in most cases they are useless... HUCA is your best bet I am afraid...
Old Nov 9, 18, 2:22 am

Programs: FB Plat
I had the opposite scenario a few years back (AF-coded, KL metal) and had to HUCA until I got through to an agent in the Amsterdam call center. It took them some time, but they were able to do it. They re-issued the ticket so it was all KL coded and actually upgraded me on the short-haul segment as well, but only charged me the miles for the long-haul one. Maybe you'll have the same luck.
Old Nov 9, 18, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA ExClub Blue (ex Silver), Flying Blue Silver (ex Platinum), M&M forever base soldier
Thank you very much for your answer, but can you specify what HUCA means ?
Old Nov 9, 18, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by albireo View Post
Thank you very much for your answer, but can you specify what HUCA means ?
Hang Up and Call Again
Old Nov 19, 18, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Calling French AF sales from abroad

After OLCI opens, how can I call AF sales in France to carry out the miles upgrade ? Their short phone number (3654) in France does not work when called from abroad.
Old Nov 19, 18, 7:19 am

https://www.airfrance.com/IR/en/comm...ile-abroad.htm

To call 3654 from abroad, please dial +33 892 702 654 (€0.35/min). This service is available everyday from 06:30 AM to 10:00 PM (Paris time).

You can also look at the Air France website of the country where you're located and contact the local Sales team.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: