FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue-594/)
-   -   JAL and Flying blue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue/1938708-jal-flying-blue.html)

delanotre Nov 3, 2018 3:02 am

JAL and Flying blue

I prepare a trip from HND-CDG (JAL) CDG-DUB (AF) BHD-LHR (BA) LHR-HND(JL codeshare operated by BA)
The whole trip is sold by a single JAL ticket.
What about FB miles on the last flight (codeshare operated by BA) ?
Merci :)

goavibes Nov 3, 2018 3:26 am

For flights between Japan and France you will get miles unless your are on a H, K, M, V, S, O, G or R booking class (so basicaly all eco classes except the expnsive Y and B).
Your BA operated BHD-CDG and CDH-HND flights will probably net zero mile, as per https://www.flyingblue.fr/en/partner...ion?country=FR :

Earn Miles on flights marketed as Japan Airlines (JL) and operated by Japan Airlines, Air France or KLM, as per the earning scheme below.

delanotre Nov 3, 2018 6:47 am

Ok, thank you. I will take JAL Mileage Bank program to earn some miles on this trip. A Skyteam infidelity

Goldorak Nov 3, 2018 7:49 am

Originally Posted by delanotre (Post 30387694)
I prepare a trip from HND-CDG (JAL) CDG-DUB (AF) BHD-CDG (BA) CDG-HND(JL codeshare operated by BA)

I think you meant the opposite : BA code-share, operated by JL ? Unless you talk about CDG-LHR-HND.

delanotre Nov 4, 2018 5:48 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 30388213)

I think you meant the opposite : BA code-share, operated by JL ? Unless you talk about CDG-LHR-HND.

I made a lapsus calami ! No CDG on return.
My return will be BHD to HND via LHR: it is a JAL codeshare 7082 operated by BA from LHR
Que serions-nous sans vous Goldorak l'Ultimate ;)

brunos Nov 4, 2018 6:29 pm

I see that you are LTPE. Why not join BAEC, as you are based in Europe.
You have your Plat status anyway, and getting status in OW would be handy.

delanotre Nov 5, 2018 1:07 am

Originally Posted by brunos (Post 30393459)
I see that you are LTPE. Why not join BAEC, as you are based in Europe.
You have your Plat status anyway, and getting status in OW would be handy.

Thanks Brunos, but I don't no more fly enough to reach any status on another alliance, except if a status match will come...

brunos Nov 5, 2018 3:00 am

Originally Posted by delanotre (Post 30394255)
Thanks Brunos, but I don't no more fly enough to reach any status on another alliance, except if a status match will come...

Then you might consider having a OW account to accumulate miles even if you don't fly OW so frequently.
Whether you use JL FFP or BA FFP, you will get about the same number of miles in all fare buckets. A big plus of BAEC (to me), if that they have family accounts, so that you can cumulate the miles of all family members. A little plus a lttle plus a little can yield enough for a nice award.
Unless you are in premium cabin or have Y, B fare bucket, you will earn 0 miles with FB on your HND-CDG. So you probably want to use a JLMB or BAEC.number for all your flights. You might lose the CDG-DUB. You could try two different FFPs, but that is calling for trouble and the amount of FB miles is so small.

cmoltisanti Oct 28, 2019 6:00 am

I'm flying JAL in O-class from CGK to NRT, according to the flying blue website Im eligible to earn XP and miles on JAL flights.

On jal.com (manage my booking) I don't see the option to add my FB frequent flyer number? only air france, how can I add this?

Also since I'm gold on FB, will I be able to use my status and lounge acces on JAL flights with my FB status?

Fabo.sk Oct 28, 2019 6:15 am

Originally Posted by cmoltisanti (Post 31673443)
I'm flying JAL in O-class from CGK to NRT, according to the flying blue website Im eligible to earn XP and miles on JAL flights.

On jal.com (manage my booking) I don't see the option to add my FB frequent flyer number? only air france, how can I add this?

Also since I'm gold on FB, will I be able to use my status and lounge acces on JAL flights with my FB status?

If you see Air France as an option to put in your FFP number, you can use that.

Lounge access will not be granted the best I can tell.

irishguy28 Oct 28, 2019 9:45 am

Originally Posted by cmoltisanti (Post 31673443)

"Flying Blue" is just a name for the programme shared by Air France, KLM, and some other airlines.

Select "Air France" and enter your FB number, just as you would select "British Airways" rather than looking for "Executive Club" if instead you were hoping to collect miles in BA's program, for example.

Klems Nov 15, 2019 9:38 am

Quick question as well: I am flying on a paid domestic first class JAL flight in a couple of weeks (to be clear I'm talking about the actual First class they have between Tokyo and Sapporo). I *think* that the fare bucket is E (discounted fare).

Trying to decide if I should put my Flying Blue or Alaska number. Alaska shows that domestic first class with E fare earns 125% miles. On Flying Blue, here's the earning scheme:

JAPAN AIRLINES EARNING SCHEME

Cabin and booking class earning %:

International flights:
First Cabin––F, A: 150%
Business Cabin––C, J, D, X: 125%; I: 70%
Premium Economy Cabin––W, E: 100%

Domestic flights:
First Cabin––F: 150%

Does that mean that with Flying Blue I won't earn anything? or will it recognize E as international premium economy? Sorry for the noob question.

brunos Nov 16, 2019 5:02 am

You'd better check what is the fare booking class.
FB will follow exactly what is listed on their website for domestic flights.

Klems Nov 16, 2019 9:22 am

Originally Posted by brunos (Post 31742757)
You'd better check what is the fare booking class.
FB will follow exactly what is listed on their website for domestic flights.

Thanks. JAL doesn't make it too easy to locate the fare but I'm almost certain it's E. So I just won't run the risk and I'll credit to Alaska. Thank you!