Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Exclamation Promo awards November 2018

Hello

here they are

https://www.airfrance.fr/FR/en/local...ons-miles.htm#

later tonight it will be available in FB site as usual

https://www.flyingblue.pl/en/flights/promo-rewards

Look like this month is PRChina's month = Guangzhou , Chengdu , Hangzhou , Wuhan , Beijing , Shangai and Xiamen

Almost nothing for europe, africa and america

Thats all folks
Old Oct 31, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: FB Gold
BEY in PE for 36,000 round trip is decent enough.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 2:51 pm

Special promo awards

Anyone seen specialoffers(dot)flyingblue(dot)com?
Sales period seems to be 14 - 16 November...
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:47 am

Programs: FB Plat
I received an email advertising these, without any indication of the origin, so I guess it's either "anywhere in Europe" or Lyon?
SFO 34k miles Economy return
YYZ 70k miles Business Return
Paris 8k miles Economy return

Clicking, I got (all one-way):
CDG<->ATH 8k Economy oneway
CDG<->BER 4k Economy
CDG<->BIO 7k Economy
AMS<->DUB 5k Economy
AMS<->EDI 4k Economy
CDG<->MIL 5k Economy
CDG<->NAP 5k Economy
AMS<->OPO 5k Economy
AMS<->LED 10k Economy
AMS<->ARN 5k Economy

???<->PEK 55k Business one-way
???<->HAV 34k Premium Economy
???<->LIM 22k Economy
???<->MEX 35k Premium Economy
???<->NBO 28k Premium Economy
???<->NYC 14k Economy
???<->ITM 20k Economy
???<->SFO 17k Premium Economy
???<->YYZ 35k Business
???<->YVR 15k Economy
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Initially, I could not click through on the iPad, had to do it on the laptop. Seems not too bad an offer in some ways. What has inspired this sale, Black Friday madness or something like that? And is the booking engine going to be hit by weird dynamic pricing quirks when searching, I wonder?
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto
And is the booking engine going to be hit by weird dynamic pricing quirks when searching, I wonder?
Randomly checking AMS-JFK & LHR-JFK shows wide open availability, doesn't work from TLV though.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:49 pm

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Osl-Lim for 44k in Y is not that bad.. specially when it’s summer down there
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:56 pm

For the long haul flights it is indeed "anywhere in Europe" and advertised destination (and v.v.)
Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Did you guys manage to book one of those promo awards ? I just tried and, whatever I use the app or the desktop site, I get an error message (your booking cannot be completed due to a technical problem)
Old Nov 15, 2018, 9:18 pm

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Did you guys manage to book one of those promo awards ? I just tried and, whatever I use the app or the desktop site, I get an error message (your booking cannot be completed due to a technical problem)
I did... booked two . no problem to do it
Old Nov 16, 2018, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I finally managed to book it through the Ulti TA. The problem was due to a very well-known scam : the price in miles displayed is in fact not available (a higher price is available) and this generates an error message. I can understand this situation when there is one seat left and 2 people are trying to book it at the same time (one win and one lose). But I tried several times over 2 days and the site was still displaying the promo award « price ». So I refused to pay the higher price. The Ulti TA dealt with FB and waived all booking fees ^
Old Nov 16, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: KL Plat

I finally managed to book it through the Ulti TA. The problem was due to a very well-known scam : the price in miles displayed is in fact not available (a higher price is available) and this generates an error message. I can understand this situation when there is one seat left and 2 people are trying to book it at the same time (one win and one lose). But I tried several times over 2 days and the site was still displaying the promo award « price ». So I refused to pay the higher price. The Ulti TA dealt with FB and waived all booking fees ^
A little off topic but I had a similar experience last week trying to book a trip with a < 24 hour stopover in Ams on the return, booking as a multicty trip. Skyscanner showed Expedia as having the best price (which never happens) and of course when I clicked through 'sorry the price is now xxx'. Tried klm.com and they had the itinerary €10 cheaper than Expedia. Get to the payment stage... 'sorry the price is now xxx'. I tried maybe 3 or 4 times through the day and the price displayed initially never changed, just at the payment stage it jumped up from between €20 and €200. Gave up and tried the next day, prices on klm.com were a little different, so I assumed they were now up to date. Exactly the same thing happened at the payment stage. On AF.com that just gave an error at checkout whenever I tried.

I've encountered occasionally the fare no longer being available, but this was consistently showing apparently the wrong price for 2 days (or more). Scam certainly did cross my mind!
Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:46 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Quite often some "brilliant" married segments issues in case the itinerary contains a connection. It also happens on multi destination booking: you select leg by leg that are available in a selected cabin (or booking class) and then errors out when going to the pricing page. I had the case once and handled it with the platinum line. When selecting flights one by one, on the return, whereas my MRU CDG had Z availability, no PAR MAD flight within 24 hours could be booked in J class although it had availability if booked separately, due to married segments. I had to upgrade the MRU CDG flight to some higher booking class to open availability of a connecting PAR MAD. So I added a stopover in PAR et voilà, got my cheap Z fare Online booking tools are notoriously bad at handling such peculiarity of airline pricing "usines à gaz".
Old Nov 17, 2018, 2:03 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Solevita
A little off topic but I had a similar experience last week trying to book a trip with a < 24 hour stopover in Ams on the return, booking as a multicty trip. Skyscanner showed Expedia as having the best price (which never happens) and of course when I clicked through 'sorry the price is now xxx'. Tried klm.com and they had the itinerary €10 cheaper than Expedia. Get to the payment stage... 'sorry the price is now xxx'. I tried maybe 3 or 4 times through the day and the price displayed initially never changed, just at the payment stage it jumped up from between €20 and €200. Gave up and tried the next day, prices on klm.com were a little different, so I assumed they were now up to date. Exactly the same thing happened at the payment stage. On AF.com that just gave an error at checkout whenever I tried.

I've encountered occasionally the fare no longer being available, but this was consistently showing apparently the wrong price for 2 days (or more). Scam certainly did cross my mind!
This can also be due to POS. Eg, Skyscanner searches with POS X, but when you are redirected to the KLM/Expedia website POS Y is used.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 2:29 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Xandrios
This can also be due to POS. Eg, Skyscanner searches with POS X, but when you are redirected to the KLM/Expedia website POS Y is used.
Actually this should have changed, AF, KL and LH Group at least (and certainly many others) moved to a point of commencement availability logic rather than point of sale (that should still be used by AY). For a brand new ticket, it should be very difficult (if not impossible) to go against this availability pricing. For ticket reissue, it seems to be quite messy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.