Seat Selection on KQ booked via KLM site

Old Oct 22, 2018, 12:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, TK Elite, Marriott Rewards, Global Entry, MileagePlus
Seat Selection on KQ booked via KLM site

Hi all, I can't seem to figure this out despite googling around so sorry if this is repeat...

I booked an itinerary on KL's site and have two segments on KQ metal. I'm trying to select seats but am unable to do so via either the KL or KQ sites and apps. I did manage to book seats on DL operated flights via their website.

I have no status with Flying Blue and the fare class is ELSRKE. NBO>AMS>DTW>BWI>CVG>CDG>NBO

The KL website tells me to make seat selections at OLCI. The KQ site simply has nothing listed under special services which is where it appears seat selection would normally be available.

How can I select seats for my KQ flights before OLCI?
Old Oct 22, 2018, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vytas315
Hi all, I can't seem to figure this out despite googling around so sorry if this is repeat...

I booked an itinerary on KL's site and have two segments on KQ metal. I'm trying to select seats but am unable to do so via either the KL or KQ sites and apps. I did manage to book seats on DL operated flights via their website.

I have no status with Flying Blue and the fare class is ELSRKE. NBO>AMS>DTW>BWI>CVG>CDG>NBO

The KL website tells me to make seat selections at OLCI. The KQ site simply has nothing listed under special services which is where it appears seat selection would normally be available.

How can I select seats for my KQ flights before OLCI?
DId you try recently? There was a problem with seat allocation on KQ that made advance seat selection impossible for the last month or so but it seems to have been resolved in the last few days.
Also, is your trip in more than 3 months? Seat allocation on KQ is only possible within 90 days of the flight date.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 5:13 am
Original Poster

Thanks @NickB!

I've tried today and still getting the same results. The trip begins Dec 16 and concludes Jan 9th so all within 90 days. Any other ideas? Any other partner sites that might be worth trying?
Old Oct 22, 2018, 6:39 am

Programs: FB Platinum
I had the same problem with an AF award booking that was partly with KQ. The KQ and AF sites did not show a seat map whereas I have just managed to reserve KQ seats on the KLM site! I am 70 days out from the first flight.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 12:37 am
Original Poster

I just managed on the KLM site! Not sure what changed between the first time I tried and now. Pretty sure I tried in the same way. So DL seats on their site and KQ via the KLM site.....go figure. Thanks for the help @PeteM01
PeteM01 likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vytas315
So DL seats on their site and KQ via the KLM site.....go figure.
Normally, it should be possible to have KQ seat assigned on KQ's own site but this is currently nor working.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.