Wiki Posts
Search

New IST airport and transfer of AF/KL operations

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Goldorak

Thanks for the update. Here are a couple of questions for you
-any info on when the new ST lounge will open ?
- for the priority lane on arrival, is it the same as for departure : BP with SP sign is enough ? In the old airport, you needed a priority card that was given only at check-in by AFKL
The in-flight magazines of AF and KL of the month of June both had an article about its opening in July but from what I saw, its opening doesn't look imminent as of 1st of July.
I arrived with the AF night flight so everything was empty at the immigration and I didn't particularly look for any priority lane but nothing of the sort caught my eyes before reaching the regular empty counters.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
The SkyTeam Lounge in IST has finally opened their doors today and from now on, Air France & KLM Business Class and SkyTeam Elite Plus pax ( including FB Gold & FB Plat ) would use the brand new SkyTeam Lounge instead of the contracted IGA Lounge.

Source only available in Turkish.

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
The SkyTeam lounge has opened today and would serve SkyTeam Business Class, First Class & Elite Plus passengers.
Currently no update on PriorityPass access.

Source:
https://www.airporthaber.com/havacil...lonu-acti.html
Old Dec 5, 2019, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IST, it has been open for about 3 weeks, I first checked it out maybe a week after it opened. It's OK, that's pretty much all I can say, marginally better than IGA, worse than TK.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
The SkyTeam Lounge in IST has finally opened their doors today and from now on, Air France & KLM Business Class and SkyTeam Elite Plus pax ( including FB Gold & FB Plat ) would use the brand new SkyTeam Lounge instead of the contracted IGA Lounge.
Not really...the ST lounge is open since end October. I as in on Nov11 and have posted a review in the AF lounge thread
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31726395-post989.html
Old Dec 7, 2019, 3:32 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
It also mentions that the lounge is open 24/7 and not accessible to priority pass holders. I was surprised to see that as there are not that many Skyteam flights to IST anymore. Definitely not to/from CDG and AMS..
Old Dec 7, 2019, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are plenty, just not as many on the airlines you want and a lot less than a few years ago. Saudia has tons of flights for example..... AFKL a shadow of what they used to be, but should be doubling with the summer schedule.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by hfly
There are plenty, just not as many on the airlines you want and a lot less than a few years ago. Saudia has tons of flights for example..... AFKL a shadow of what they used to be, but should be doubling with the summer schedule.
I just hope that the demise of AtlasGlobal will incentive AFKL to increase frequencies. At least one more.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Starting from today ( 8 Jan ), AtlasGlobal is dropping their Paris and Amsterdam routes ( London as well but irrelevant to the current discussion ) so I expect both AF and KL to announce their second frequency to IST in a couple of days.

For those who aren't familiar, AtlasGlobal was partnering both with Air France and KLM and they were codeshare partners.

Source ( Only in Turkish ): AtlasGlobal Londra, Paris ve Amsterdam seferlerini iptal etti
Old Jan 8, 2020, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Starting from today ( 8 Jan ), AtlasGlobal is dropping their Paris and Amsterdam routes ( London as well but irrelevant to the current discussion ) so I expect both AF and KL to announce their second frequency to IST in a couple of days.

For those who aren't familiar, AtlasGlobal was partnering both with Air France and KLM and they were codeshare partners.

Source ( Only in Turkish ): AtlasGlobal Londra, Paris ve Amsterdam seferlerini iptal etti
I am confused. They have stopped to fly (all flights) since 27 NOV and we have been discussing this here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31780202-post16.html
Do you mean that KK is resuming operations but not to CDG and AMS ?
And, as to AFKL increasing flights to IST, we all hope but they could have already done or announced it and nothing since end November.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am confused. They have stopped to fly (all flights) since 27 NOV and we have been discussing this here:
And, as to AFKL increasing flights to IST, we all hope but they could have already done or announced it and nothing since end November.
AtlasGlobal had already resumed operations on 21 Dec including CDG and AMS. However, now they have decided to drop these routes. I haven’t seen the thread related to AtlasGlobal and KL/AF partnership that you have mentioned ( Thanks for sharing that ), however, I have shared the info that they resumed flights on the thread in the Other Airlines Europe forum.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

AtlasGlobal had already resumed operations on 21 Dec including CDG and AMS. However, now they have decided to drop these routes. I haven’t seen the thread related to AtlasGlobal and KL/AF partnership that you have mentioned ( Thanks for sharing that ), however, I have shared the info that they resumed flights on the thread in the Other Airlines Europe forum.
No additional flights announced. At the moment AFKL have just stated that the code share suspension is extended until 28/03
Old Jan 12, 2020, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Atlasjet only has 3 aircraft left and is in danger of losing one of them next month. They are never restarting these routes. If 2nd daily AF/KL flights come back they are not coming until the next season/schedule.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

KK is again suspending all flights. Doesn’t look good...
https://simpleflying.com/atlasglobal-suspension-again/
Old Jan 19, 2020, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

KK is again suspending all flights. Doesn’t look good...
https://simpleflying.com/atlasglobal-suspension-again/
Indeed. It is hard to see how they can keep going on on this basis. Who on earth is going to part with money to book a ticket on KK now with that degree of precarity and uncertainty?
Old Jan 19, 2020, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A couple of minutes ago, the Russia coordinator of AtlasGlobal has mentioned that they are not pausing operations.

The news that was made in several reputable websites ( both Turkish media and international media ) seems to be false.

Istanbul Airport's website verifies that today's IKA, TLV and BGW flights are not canceled and ticket sales are still open for three of these routes on atlasglobal.com

However, still no information about the AMS and CDG routes. The only thing we know is that they would announce their S20 schedule in a couple of days

Here is my post on the KK operations thread

The Russia coordinator of AtlasGlobal has announced that AtlasGlobal is currently continuing their operations regardless of controversial news in the media.

He has indicated that they are currently operating IKA, BGW and TLV routes and charter flights. He has indicated that their S20 season plan is not precise and would be announced in the following days.

Article only available in Turkish

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.