Old Sep 15, 2018, 5:34 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
[QUOTE=Ditto;30202518

Not sure what Kunming Airlines has to do with this thread though [/QUOTE]

Nothing slip of the brain meany KQ kenya aiirways
Old Sep 15, 2018, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by tezzer
Interesting that last year I went Lifetime Platinum. On this trip, on the long haul legs at least, the senior purser seemed to make that extra effort, and go beyond the welcome on boar speech.
On my boarding pass, however, it only says Platinum Skyteam Elite, I wonder if the actual status is reflected on their tablets as to who is on board ?
I know that with some airlines this is the case and they are notified the status of all the passengers.

ideally on a long haul flight in business or first then I would expect (having got used to it with airlines like Qatar) a personal welcome from the cabin manager (or your allocated member of staff) with the status passengers then a good manager will perhaps go further with their welcome. There is a fine line but anything where staff treat you as an individual is what tends to make the difference between good and excellent service
Old Sep 15, 2018, 8:42 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by tezzer
Interesting that last year I went Lifetime Platinum. On this trip, on the long haul legs at least, the senior purser seemed to make that extra effort, and go beyond the welcome on boar speech.
On my boarding pass, however, it only says Platinum Skyteam Elite, I wonder if the actual status is reflected on their tablets as to who is on board ?
Yes, on the iPad it shows if you are PFL (at least on KLM)
Old Sep 15, 2018, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Gajan
Yes, on the iPad it shows if you are PFL (at least on KLM)
And on the iPad they may have a heart sign nearby the names, with a number in. I believe this replaces what was called before ATTN score. A cabin crew showed me my name on her iPad and I am “heart 4”
Macaron54 likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 7:20 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Goldorak

And on the iPad they may have a heart sign nearby the names, with a number in. I believe this replaces what was called before ATTN score. A cabin crew showed me my name on her iPad and I am “heart 4”
That's a lot of love!
Goldorak likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 1:34 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Blue Platinum for Life.. BA Gold , oh and some other shiny bits of plastic ...
Hmm I will ask how many heart I have next to my name next week ...
Old Sep 18, 2018, 4:06 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I'd much rather they don't talk to me about my status. I find it annoying at hotels, too — the scripted 'thank you for being a loyal customer' thing is just cringey.
ticino likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 4:15 am

Originally Posted by caliform
Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I'd much rather they don't talk to me about my status. I find it annoying at hotels, too — the scripted 'thank you for being a loyal customer' thing is just cringey.
The secret is not a script but but something more personalised.

The Etihad staff in the lounge at Manchester excelled (unfortunately many of the staff have moved on and the lounge is no longer Etihad) both in the service outbound but also when they met the incoming plane but it is all too rare. I suspect that data protection stuff may hinder airlines and hotels in their ability to personalise but of course for some that is just an excuse.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 4:29 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Ultimate Platinum for Life/Club 2000, UA MileagePlus

Sorry to break your heart, dear Goldorak, but I had to get to the bottom of things and understand what these hearts meant. The heart refers to your preferences, and the numeral that goes with it is the number of preferences that you gave to your TA (preferred type of food, extra pillow, favorite newspaper, and the like). So, a heart with a 4 is not a measure of how popular you are with the pursers (though I am sure you are extremely popular amid the flight attendants ), but merely how "demanding" you are on board.
PeteM01, bodory, Carel1 and 4 others like this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Macaron54

Sorry to break your heart, dear Goldorak, but I had to get to the bottom of things and understand what these hearts meant. The heart refers to your preferences, and the numeral that goes with it is the number of preferences that you gave to your TA (preferred type of food, extra pillow, favorite newspaper, and the like). So, a heart with a 4 is not a measure of how popular you are with the pursers (though I am sure you are extremely popular amid the flight attendants ), but merely how "demanding" you are on board.
Oh noooo
You're not my friend anymore Macaron54 . How can you be so heartless ?
Old Sep 19, 2018, 2:21 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Oh noooo
You're not my friend anymore Macaron54 . How can you be so heartless ?
Heartless? We al know Macaron54's extremely specific preferences, I'd say he's more of a 12 heart type.
Macaron54 and Fabo.sk like this.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 6:02 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Ultimate Platinum for Life/Club 2000, UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by caliform
Heartless? We al know Macaron54's extremely specific preferences, I'd say he's more of a 12 heart type.

You would think, wouldn't you. The flight attendant on Monday's flight from ORD showed me her tablet, and apparently, I only have 2 . I am a very simple person, unsophisticated and easy to please .
caliform likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
Kinda starts to sound dirty here
Old Sep 20, 2018, 3:31 am

Smile

Originally Posted by Macaron54

You would think, wouldn't you. The flight attendant on Monday's flight from ORD showed me her tablet, and apparently, I only have 2 . I am a very simple person, unsophisticated and easy to please .
How many stars for me. simple person, unsophisticated but hard to please?
Old Sep 21, 2018, 4:21 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I am sophisticated *and* hard to please, so I'm known to crash iPads due to heart count out of bound errors...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.