Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

[Q&A] Flying Blue Platinum/C2000 Employee here / Ask your questions

[Q&A] Flying Blue Platinum/C2000 Employee here / Ask your questions

Old Sep 6, 2018, 5:32 am

Hi
Great initiative. I would like to know the following:

1) where can I drop compliments directly to the PSL because I think (as many here) the service is outstanding.
2) being stationed abroad but being Dutch, I prefer to to speak Dutch if possible. What is the Dutch PSL nr?
Lurd likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue
First of all, I would like to thank all of you for your very nice messages and compliments. It makes our job much easier

Originally Posted by HalconBCN
Lurd, do you and your colleagues make a detailed record of every call under each customer's profile? Would it be noted if a customer was unusually friendly/irate?
Although we sometimes warn each other about specific customers if they have been particularly rude or disrespectful, we do not write anything in their profile.

Once or twice when I received ourstanding service I sent a compliment via the CC web form, mentioning the agent's name. Do those compliments actually reach you guys?
We can see the results of the Customer Satisfaction surveys, but not much more

Originally Posted by Xizm
Do you work for the Dutch (Cygnific) or French Platinum line specific? Or the international one in Prague?
I work for the center in Prague

Originally Posted by carnarvon
I can assure you that in case of overflow, non Platinum agent handle calls, as well as during night-time.

How do I know? Because they told me they were not Plat agents.

How to know without being told : ask about FB issues. Non-Plat agents cannot handle FB issues.

This is no big deal however, as most of the time Plat line service is very good.
The few cases I have heard of non-Plat agents handling Plat calls were by Premium agents (Silver/Gold). However, I cannot speak for other centers, where things might be different.

Originally Posted by Zarmakuizz
What is the recommended way to send compliments about a flight staff or a Platinum Line agent? I expect you might have a lot of calls to answer daily, especially in case of IRROPS.
You can reply to the Customer Satisfaction survey or, if you had an email contact with one agent, you can just send one more. Positive, as well as negative feedbacks, are very welcome and appreciated

Originally Posted by bodory
Thanks Lurd for the personal initiative. And I concur with others in saying 99% of the time the delivered service is both extremely efficient and friendly.

Question: how are call assigned to call centers or agents when it comes to location and language? I somehow noticed that depending on the moment of the day of the place I call from, I am assigned:
1/ a native French speaker, answering in French
2/ a native French speaker, answering in English
3/ a native English speaker, answering in English
4/ occasional other possibilities

While the agent being or not a native speaker does not matter to me, I am essentially surprised by the inconsistency of the process, also amused by the second possibility (being a native French speaker, I always propose the French agent to switch in French). For what it's worth, I am based in Singapore but always call the French Platinum number as it is the one written on my card.

Also, when a Club 2000 / Skipper customer dials in, do you also answer in saying "Welcome to the Platinum line" or do you use another wording?

Thanks
Thank you for your nice message
To answer your question, it depends on the agent's skills. Most of us in Prague handle two languages (French/English or German/English). The language we answer the phone in depends on what is filled in your FB profile regarding your language preference. When the phone/FB number pops on our screen, the preferred language is also displayed. If you would like to speak French by default, you can just change this setting on the FB website
Regarding your second question, we just change the wording a bit, like "Welcome to your C2000 line" or something like that. While it does not make a big difference, most customers appreciate the extra attention.

Originally Posted by Ditto
Few of my observations in that regard, when I had my home address in NL, I was presented with the Dutch number, now that I have changed it to ZA (even though business address is still in NL), I am presented with the French number which say "English, French, Dutch", and also with a local ZA number.
When calling the NL number most of the times I would either get a native Dutch speaker answering in English/Dutch, or someone answering in English without a Dutch accent.
I haven't tried calling the French number yet, but I would be very surprised if they are not routed the same way.
Same as above, it depends on the preferred language on your account. On the FR line it's either going to be French or English. The languages handled by our center on the Platinum Line are just French, English and German. I don't know how other languages are handled on other lines

Originally Posted by BobTL
Hi
Great initiative. I would like to know the following:

1) where can I drop compliments directly to the PSL because I think (as many here) the service is outstanding.
2) being stationed abroad but being Dutch, I prefer to to speak Dutch if possible. What is the Dutch PSL nr?
Thank you for your compliments There are a few ways of dropping compliments to the agents : replying to the Customer Satisfaction surveys (although pretty limited, as only one survey can be sent every three months, and it will only be visible by the first agent you contacted), replying to an email if one has been sent to you (we do actually read all of them), or simply calling us. Any of these three can make our day
Regarding the NL PSL number, we are not allowed to communicate them publicly, but send me a PM and I will give it to you
Xizm likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 7:11 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Fantastic initiative Lurd to join the forum - and (one more!) great compliment for your work and that of your colleagues in the Platinum Centres. Since the introduction of these lines things have really become very very good, with agents that are knowledgeable and efficient, and now they can handle both paid and award tickets! ^

I have a question regarding waiting lists: can you see in your systems where a person is on the waiting list? I am never told, but sometimes given hints such as "you shouldn't worry" - and then I wonder whether this is because the phone agent makes an assumption or does have actual information, but is reluctant to share it (for understandable reasons: the position on the wait list may change the next minute and then the pax gets upset if the outcome is not in line with what he heard the moment he called).

And a question regarding seat assignments: how much "power" do you have? I often have a situation where I travel with someone who is not Platinum, for instance my children. When I select a seat at OLCI, I can see the many free seats, but when it comes to checking them in, suddenly everything is blocked, and we cannot get seats together except all the way in the back. I then call the Platinum line and ask to be moved together in one of the front seats of the Y medium haul cabin. Sometimes it's just done, sometimes they "contact the airport" (how does that work?), and sometimes they say that it's impossible and can never be done.

Thanks for all your time and insights!
Lurd likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by Lurd
Same as above, it depends on the preferred language on your account. On the FR line it's either going to be French or English. The languages handled by our center on the Platinum Line are just French, English and German. I don't know how other languages are handled on other lines
Is there actually different routing by the number I call? If so, what number does one call to get to your center? Are there "country specific" numbers in countries other than NL/FR?
Lurd likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
We can see the results of the Customer Satisfaction surveys, but not much
Good to know I'll use the PSL Spain e-mail address for sending compliments in future. Thanks Lurd
Lurd likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:14 am

Good to know I'll use the PSL Spain e-mail address for sending compliments in future. Thanks Lurd
There is an e-mail for the PSL?
Lurd likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti
Regarding the NL PSL number, we are not allowed to communicate them publicly, but send me a PM and I will give it to you
I didn't even know there was a special phone number for the PSL - I just use the fancy +31 204 747 747 generic KLM number and I guess the phone system recognizes my cell phone number automatically and then directs to the PSL?
Lurd likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by arjen05
I didn't even know there was a special phone number for the PSL - I just use the fancy +31 204 747 747 generic KLM number
Have you checked the reverse side of your Plat card recently?

The number is as easy to memorize as the generic one.

Johan
arjen05 and Lurd like this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: AFKL Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
There is an e-mail for the PSL?
Yes. Essentially they ask you to send an email in some cases.
In my case, I've used it a couple of times to send a screenshots of a flight that appeared to be available from the website but I wasn't able to book because it gave an error before payment. The PSL was able to construct a reservation and emit a ticket with the price given in the website. But again, first I called them, and then they gave an email where to send the screenshot.
Lurd likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 1:47 pm

Programs: FB Ultimate, Accor Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond,Avis President, Hertz President Club
Hi Lurd,

Thanks for sharing your experience on the Platinum / Club 2000 service. I join the rest of the participants in the fact that the service provided by the Platinum line is globally good.

However, I must say that, unfortunately, there are some inconsistencies on the answers provided to Customers. Let me explain: I have experienced 4-6 times when calling to the Platinum line some situations where the answers provided by 2 or 3 agents about the same request were not the same. In some calls the request was solved at the first call, in some others, had to call 2 or 3 times again to the line and speak with your colleagues until I reach the one who answered properly to my request. I must say that I'm a person who deals with customers everyday and know the courtesy rules when speaking with people, so I treat everybody the same way I would like to be treated, with respect and always being polite.

Here are 2 examples:

Situation 1: Platinum Line - Airfrance - Seat request.

Call 1 - Agent 1: Asked for a seat a little bit more on the front of a ORY-MRS flight (usually Platinum pax. are placed on the first 5 rows of the cabin). Agent check on the seatmap on the airport system. Change request denied as the flight was fully booked as said by the Agent.

5 minutes between calls;

Call 2 - Agent 2: Asked the same question to the Agent. Agent check on the system. Seat granted without any problem and explained that the flight was not full but the seats were blocked for operational weight and balance purpose. Agent delivered a different answer. Request solved.

Situation 2: Platinum Line - Airfrance - Miles for paid upgrade upon check-in.

Call 1 - Agent 1: Asked the Agent about the credit of the miles for a paid upgrade on the check-in which were not yet added to the account. Agent answer that they can't do the credit of the miles when is a paid upgrade. Explained to the Agent that according to the T&C's of Flying Blue this can made and that this have been made on the past by other colleagues. Agent insist that she doesn't know it, that she hasn't done this on the past and remains keeping the same position (I must say that this Agent was not really polite). I decide to thank the Agent for the information and let the issue on stand-by.

5 minutes between calls;

Call 2- Agent 2: Asked the same question. Agent immediately verified and acknowledged the information I already knew and in a very proactive way did the necessary to help me, even went the extra mile. Request solved.

These examples show a little bit how the answers from agent to agent can be different. I don't know if this depends on the training given, or on the mood of the Agent. The fact is that, the answer provided by any Agent shall be the same for a specific situation. Especially with customers who are used to travel and know some tips and how things work in AF.

On the other side the service provided by the Platinum Line of KLM, personnally, is always consistent with their answers to my doubts or request.

Please take this as constructive remark for the Platinum Line. As I said before, the service provided is globally good and helpful.

Kind regards,

Alex
Lurd likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:39 am

Hi Lurd,

Since June 1st, the new Flying Blue system was implemented. Has the PSL gotten many complaints or comments about this?
bodory and Lurd like this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 5:09 am

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Lurd,

The platinum line is just AMAZING!!! Superb in all ways. By far, the best thing FB can offer to loyal customers. Thank you guys for all!
Lurd likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Fantastic initiative Lurd to join the forum - and (one more!) great compliment for your work and that of your colleagues in the Platinum Centres. Since the introduction of these lines things have really become very very good, with agents that are knowledgeable and efficient, and now they can handle both paid and award tickets! ^

I have a question regarding waiting lists: can you see in your systems where a person is on the waiting list? I am never told, but sometimes given hints such as "you shouldn't worry" - and then I wonder whether this is because the phone agent makes an assumption or does have actual information, but is reluctant to share it (for understandable reasons: the position on the wait list may change the next minute and then the pax gets upset if the outcome is not in line with what he heard the moment he called).

And a question regarding seat assignments: how much "power" do you have? I often have a situation where I travel with someone who is not Platinum, for instance my children. When I select a seat at OLCI, I can see the many free seats, but when it comes to checking them in, suddenly everything is blocked, and we cannot get seats together except all the way in the back. I then call the Platinum line and ask to be moved together in one of the front seats of the Y medium haul cabin. Sometimes it's just done, sometimes they "contact the airport" (how does that work?), and sometimes they say that it's impossible and can never be done.

Thanks for all your time and insights!
Thank you
Yes, we can see it in the booking, but as far as I know, nowhere else. We have access to the loading lists of the flights, which can help us give a rough estimation. Depending on how overbooked the plane is, it can be more or less likely. If you are on loading list, there is never a 100% chance you will get a seat on the plane, it only depends on how many passengers do/do not show up and/or change or cancel their bookings. No agent on the line can guarantee you anything on this regard.
Regarding the seat assignments, let's say we have a lot of power. The only thing we will not do under any circumstance is move a passenger to give their seat to someone else. But even for us, there are some limitations, and it is sometimes simply impossible for us to assign certain seats.

Is there actually different routing by the number I call? If so, what number does one call to get to your center? Are there "country specific" numbers in countries other than NL/FR?
As far as I know, all PSLs can book the same flights.
And yes, there are country-specific phone numbers, that again, I cannot disclose publicly. However, you're more than welcome to ask me for a specific one via PM

Originally Posted by AlexBelt
Hi Lurd,

Thanks for sharing your experience on the Platinum / Club 2000 service. I join the rest of the participants in the fact that the service provided by the Platinum line is globally good.

However, I must say that, unfortunately, there are some inconsistencies on the answers provided to Customers. Let me explain: I have experienced 4-6 times when calling to the Platinum line some situations where the answers provided by 2 or 3 agents about the same request were not the same. In some calls the request was solved at the first call, in some others, had to call 2 or 3 times again to the line and speak with your colleagues until I reach the one who answered properly to my request. I must say that I'm a person who deals with customers everyday and know the courtesy rules when speaking with people, so I treat everybody the same way I would like to be treated, with respect and always being polite.

Here are 2 examples:

Situation 1: Platinum Line - Airfrance - Seat request.

Call 1 - Agent 1: Asked for a seat a little bit more on the front of a ORY-MRS flight (usually Platinum pax. are placed on the first 5 rows of the cabin). Agent check on the seatmap on the airport system. Change request denied as the flight was fully booked as said by the Agent.

5 minutes between calls;

Call 2 - Agent 2: Asked the same question to the Agent. Agent check on the system. Seat granted without any problem and explained that the flight was not full but the seats were blocked for operational weight and balance purpose. Agent delivered a different answer. Request solved.

Situation 2: Platinum Line - Airfrance - Miles for paid upgrade upon check-in.

Call 1 - Agent 1: Asked the Agent about the credit of the miles for a paid upgrade on the check-in which were not yet added to the account. Agent answer that they can't do the credit of the miles when is a paid upgrade. Explained to the Agent that according to the T&C's of Flying Blue this can made and that this have been made on the past by other colleagues. Agent insist that she doesn't know it, that she hasn't done this on the past and remains keeping the same position (I must say that this Agent was not really polite). I decide to thank the Agent for the information and let the issue on stand-by.

5 minutes between calls;

Call 2- Agent 2: Asked the same question. Agent immediately verified and acknowledged the information I already knew and in a very proactive way did the necessary to help me, even went the extra mile. Request solved.

These examples show a little bit how the answers from agent to agent can be different. I don't know if this depends on the training given, or on the mood of the Agent. The fact is that, the answer provided by any Agent shall be the same for a specific situation. Especially with customers who are used to travel and know some tips and how things work in AF.

On the other side the service provided by the Platinum Line of KLM, personnally, is always consistent with their answers to my doubts or request.

Please take this as constructive remark for the Platinum Line. As I said before, the service provided is globally good and helpful.

Kind regards,

Alex
Regarding the seats, some are restricted and should stay unassigned until check-in. Although we can assign them, it is an exception, and depends only on the agent and the reason you need them. It is usually on a case-to-case basis, but it is not procedure, nor is it owed to the passengers. If they are restricted, there is a reason
Regarding your second question, I have a bit of trouble understanding exactly what you mean. Did you need the miles from a previous flight to be credited so that you could pay for an upgrade?

Originally Posted by BobTL
Hi Lurd,

Since June 1st, the new Flying Blue system was implemented. Has the PSL gotten many complaints or comments about this?
You have no idea. And the changes were so drastic that it took a lot of time, even for us, to get used to it. Many of the complaints were about the smaller amount of Miles earned on a specific trip, but to balance it out, some flights can be much, much cheaper in Miles than they used to be. I managed a few weeks ago to book a return ticket from Europe to the US, Business class, for 40.000 Miles. I hope this answers your question.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 5:52 am

And yes, there are country-specific phone numbers, that again, I cannot disclose publicly. However, you're more than welcome to ask me for a specific one via PM
Was actually not referring to flight bookings this time, just a general question about how the phone lines are routed?
So calling NL number - goes to NL PSL? (Agents speaking Dutch/English)
Calling FR number - goes to FR PSL? (Agents speaking French/English)
Calling to other numbers - goes to CZ PSL? (Agents speaking French/English/German)

While we are on the topic, do you also cater for other languages? e.g. if you get someone who is not proficient in English (or German/French) and asks to speak a different language, do you have a way of finding an agent speaking that language?

Will PM you for a number
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:18 am

Thank you
Yes, we can see it in the booking, but as far as I know, nowhere else. We have access to the loading lists of the flights, which can help us give a rough estimation. Depending on how overbooked the plane is, it can be more or less likely. If you are on loading list, there is never a 100% chance you will get a seat on the plane, it only depends on how many passengers do/do not show up and/or change or cancel their bookings. No agent on the line can guarantee you anything on this regard.
Regarding the seat assignments, let's say we have a lot of power. The only thing we will not do under any circumstance is move a passenger to give their seat to someone else. But even for us, there are some limitations, and it is sometimes simply impossible for us to assign certain seats.

Regarding the seats, some are restricted and should stay unassigned until check-in. Although we can assign them, it is an exception, and depends only on the agent and the reason you need them. It is usually on a case-to-case basis, but it is not procedure, nor is it owed to the passengers. If they are restricted, there is a reason
Regarding your second question, I have a bit of trouble understanding exactly what you mean. Did you need the miles from a previous flight to be credited so that you could pay for an upgrade?

You have no idea. And the changes were so drastic that it took a lot of time, even for us, to get used to it. Many of the complaints were about the smaller amount of Miles earned on a specific trip, but to balance it out, some flights can be much, much cheaper in Miles than they used to be. I managed a few weeks ago to book a return ticket from Europe to the US, Business class, for 40.000 Miles. I hope this answers your question.
Regarding award J tickets, i have not seen anything that came close to 40.000 return. If that would be the case, the critisism would have been different and the system would be fair. Now we earn 1/3 of our miles and the prices went mostly up, in rare cases slightly down. But I haven't seen any return J ticket for under 62.500 miles from Europe to USA:
What route was that?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.