Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

[Q&A] Flying Blue Platinum/C2000 Employee here / Ask your questions

[Q&A] Flying Blue Platinum/C2000 Employee here / Ask your questions

Old Aug 30, 2018, 5:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue
Lightbulb [Q&A] Flying Blue Platinum/C2000 Employee here / Ask your questions

Hi guys!

I've been coming here out of curiosity for a few weeks to see what people were discussing about the FB program, and I noticed that a lot of you had unanswered questions, or doubts on some answers. Given the fact that I've been an agent for the Platinum/C2000 line for the last six months, I figured that some of you might have some things to ask me. So here's your chance. Ask anything related to the program or generally about Air France/KLM and I'll do my best to help you.

Of course, some rules apply :
  1. I will not disclose any company secrets/information that should not be accessible to the public
  2. I will not discuss specific cases due to obvious security reasons, don't bother asking here or by PM, we have a phone line and social media employees for that
  3. Any feedback that is relevant enough can and will be, upon request, transferred to the competent people within AF/KLM/FB
  4. I will not disclose my identity or any personal information

Should these rules be broken, this thread will be locked and will not be reopened.
johan rebel, af fp, f4free and 8 others like this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 10:39 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, FB Plat
Is there a large differentiation made between C2000 and Platinum on a what can be done or not done? Or are C2000 basically on the same level as Platinum status without the qualification requirements?
Old Aug 30, 2018, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Welcome to the best forum on FlyerTalk Lurd .
Are you here as an official AFKLFB representative on FT or “on your own initiative”. There is no wrong answer, just for us to know.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 3:39 pm

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
How much leeway do the folks manning the Plat line have in terms of waiving fees, for instance for booking and changes of flights?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Question

Hi guys, thanks for your messages. I had a pretty busy week and I didn't really think about coming here, sorry about the delay

Originally Posted by Wunk
Is there a large differentiation made between C2000 and Platinum on a what can be done or not done? Or are C2000 basically on the same level as Platinum status without the qualification requirements?
Not really. C2000 might have a couple more commercial gestures, a personnalized greeting upon boarding and things like that, but the difference is not huge.

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Welcome to the best forum on FlyerTalk Lurd .
Are you here as an official AFKLFB representative on FT or “on your own initiative”. There is no wrong answer, just for us to know.
Thank you.
I am here on my own free time, nobody knows I'm here (and I'd like to keep it that way)

Originally Posted by mfkne
How much leeway do the folks manning the Plat line have in terms of waiving fees, for instance for booking and changes of flights?
Honestly, there's only a very small amount of decisions that need to be approved by a supervisor, we have almost full autonomy in most cases. What we are willing to do, however, depends a lot on how the caller adresses us. A few things to know about this very topic :
  • Ask nicely, and we will more than gladly go the extra mile to help you. If you're arrogant and demanding, there is not a single agent that will make a gesture for you, not even waive the booking fees.
  • Do not repeat "Yes but I'm a Platinum" every 5 seconds when you don't get exactly what you want. We only handle Platinum/C2000/Ultimate passengers. This does not impress us.
  • Although we have thousands of people that call every month, we remember the bad ones. And we warn other agents about them.
  • Be nice, polite and understanding even when you're upset. When your flight is cancelled, it's not our fault. When your bag is delayed, not our fault. Treat us like humans and we will become your best friends.
f4free, bodory, Zembla and 9 others like this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:46 am

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti
HI Lurd, great initiative to join FT, it's a pleasure having you here. Just out of curiosity.. I assume some FB plats call for literally everything, from major issues where you can make a difference, to 'another stupid question'. Could you name a part of your work that energizes you to help us with, eg types of requests you get? And could you name types of calls in the category 'why do you bother us with this question'?
Thanks!
Old Sep 4, 2018, 8:00 am

What type of tickets can we book through the platinum line? I'll be a bit more specific, sometime ago I was looking to book a rather complex itinerary with mixed-cabin, mix of AF/KL and code share flights and originating outside NL/FR, it was available in matrix ITA, but not on the local AF/KL website, nor could the local ticketing office assist.
I tried the platinum line who advised they can see the fare, but they cannot ticket it because of the POS, nor would they contact the local office to see why they can't seem to be able to ticket it.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arjen05
HI Lurd, great initiative to join FT, it's a pleasure having you here. Just out of curiosity.. I assume some FB plats call for literally everything, from major issues where you can make a difference, to 'another stupid question'. Could you name a part of your work that energizes you to help us with, eg types of requests you get? And could you name types of calls in the category 'why do you bother us with this question'?
Thanks!
Thank you
We tend to remember people more than requests themselves. Of course, some things are harder to do than others, since we handle everything from start to finish, including Customer Care claims (which I personally hate with a burning passion, but we have some Platinum agents that started as CC agents that are more than willing to help if we have an issue), but overall, everything comes with experience.
There are some requests (ticket changes that need a manual calculation, Miles retroclaim when the website is not working...) where passengers don't have a choice but to call us. However, one type of call that I absolutely hate is when someone calls us the day before departure to demand a specific seat that is already taken because they've never bothered to select one... When every single seat (including A380 top deck) is free for Plat members from the second they buy the ticket. Some actually understand and say "Oh well, my fault, I'll do it earlier next time", but some get outraged that we refuse to move another passenger and demand a callback and an apology from a supervisor. Needless to say, they never receive any form of apology.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ditto
What type of tickets can we book through the platinum line? I'll be a bit more specific, sometime ago I was looking to book a rather complex itinerary with mixed-cabin, mix of AF/KL and code share flights and originating outside NL/FR, it was available in matrix ITA, but not on the local AF/KL website, nor could the local ticketing office assist.
I tried the platinum line who advised they can see the fare, but they cannot ticket it because of the POS, nor would they contact the local office to see why they can't seem to be able to ticket it.
Short version : The same as on the website.
Long version : It depends. Even for us, some routings are impossible to book, for reasons that I cannot even begin to understand. Fare rules and flight combinations depend on some factors that are way outside of my (if not our) knowledge.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Hi Lurd. Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining us. I was wondering if you remember customers by name from previous calls? I can remember some of the agents by name from the great service they delivered.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Lurd
Short version : The same as on the website.
Long version : It depends. Even for us, some routings are impossible to book, for reasons that I cannot even begin to understand. Fare rules and flight combinations depend on some factors that are way outside of my (if not our) knowledge.
Thanks, which version of the website though? Is it limited to only NL/FR POS?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:33 pm

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum for Life Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
Hi Lund!
Thank you so very much joining FT! I was just curious, how many centres of FB platinum line are there? I know there are at least two, one in NL and one in FR. Are there any more?

SB
Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:52 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
Are all the calls picked up by agents dedicated to the Platinum service line? I've had to call past midnight in France a few times and I every single time, I was under the impression that I was talking to a regular agent (impression based on the level of comprehension of the problem, the willingness to help, the competence etc).

Does it bother you if we call to assist on the travel issue of a relative like for example partner/children flight gets cancelled or delayed?

Is there any separation between AF Platinum line and KL platinum line? Why since it's FlyingBlue Platinum and Tarom is part of FlyingBlue, you're not able to assist for Tarom's flights?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Mirk
Are all the calls picked up by agents dedicated to the Platinum service line? I've had to call past midnight in France a few times and I every single time, I was under the impression that I was talking to a regular agent (impression based on the level of comprehension of the problem, the willingness to help, the competence etc).
In the same way, can you confirm if the Ultimate TA line is taken over by Platinum line after 8 pm ? Thanks
Old Sep 5, 2018, 1:20 am

Programs: AFKL Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Mirk
Does it bother you if we call to assist on the travel issue of a relative like for example partner/children flight gets cancelled or delayed?
The PSL in CH (I'm normal plat, non-ultimate) once helped me on a business flight for a colleague. He was on the same flight as me though on a different reservation, and he had to change it for personal reasons. I guess it was handled as an exceptional case, but it was very much appreciated.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.