Wiki Posts
Search

Award flight cancelled, need help on options

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Question Award flight cancelled, need help on options

Good morning all,
About a month ago I excitedly book MSP-AMS one way in J class for my wife & I on KLM using FlyingBlue. I was thrilled as it was a direct flight and the miles were reasonable. Cut to last week when KLM emailed me to let me know that they are no longer going to operate the flight I booked & moved me to a flight the day earlier which I really don't want to do if I don't have to. Delta is conveniently flying 3 direct flight options on my original booking date however my call today to KLM ended in them telling me that they cannot put on on Delta metal.

So the question I have is, was that agent correct and I have to either suck it up and leave a day early or should I HUCA until I find an agent that can/ will help me?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
HUCA is definitely your best friend here and do not hesitate to escalate this to a manager. With 3 or 4 daily nonstops MSP-AMS, there is no way they can justify to not transport you on your day. It’s their job to ask DL to create some award space to rebook you. The JV covers obviously that kind of situation. As a plan B, you can ask to be rebooked on the AF service via CDG (if you fly at a period when this flight operates as it is seasonal).
HalconBCN likes this.

Last edited by Goldorak; Aug 23, 2018 at 5:59 am
Old Aug 23, 2018, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by mipo777
Good morning all,
About a month ago I excitedly book MSP-AMS one way in J class for my wife & I on KLM using FlyingBlue. I was thrilled as it was a direct flight and the miles were reasonable. Cut to last week when KLM emailed me to let me know that they are no longer going to operate the flight I booked & moved me to a flight the day earlier which I really don't want to do if I don't have to. Delta is conveniently flying 3 direct flight options on my original booking date however my call today to KLM ended in them telling me that they cannot put on on Delta metal.

So the question I have is, was that agent correct and I have to either suck it up and leave a day early or should I HUCA until I find an agent that can/ will help me?
You just keep on trying.
Agree with Goldorak that you need to escalate this to a manager. Are you Platinum, then the Platinum Service Line is your best shot. I can not imagine there isn't an agent that fix this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.