Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Partnership FlyingBlue / LeClubAccorHotels

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2018, 5:42 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Persistence paid off

Hi everyone.

I am pleased to report that after submitting the claim on 20 August, numerous phone calls, submitting again in November via chat together with supporting documents again, more phone calls, receiving an idiotic answer telling me to contact LCAH for the conversion of LCAH points into FB miles, a written answer to [email protected] which remained unanswered, more phone calls to both FB and Plat line, I finally got a phone call yesterday from charming lady informing me that she had received an OK for crediting the miles.

We were not done though. She did not have the invoices, only the bookings.

She offered to send an email to which I could answer attaching the invoices, but I did not receive the email.

​​​​​​She called again today and we sorted things out by phone. I gave her the dates, amounts in THB and VND, conversion in Euro and off we went.

4,500 miles just posted.

Together with a commercial gesture of 2,000 miles.^
​​
Goldorak and fifty_two like this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by fifty_two
ok i need to check , but in my opinion its almost impossible to earn a lot with shop4miles (or maybe i missed smtg) (...)
Well, in the now defunct system of booking via AF website then through the dedicated page www.airfrance.hotelandbook.com, the reward was 1 miles / € spent.

You said you earned a lot of miles this way.

With shopformiles, it is 3.5 miles / Euro spent at upper end hotels (2.8 and 1.6 at cheaper places) and which is much better than 1 mile. Current promotion is 5.3 miles/euro spent instead of 3.5....

I find it good....

Last edited by carnarvon; Dec 3, 2018 at 6:55 pm
Old Dec 3, 2018, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by fifty_two
omg ! thats insane !(...)
Well, this is a booking for one night only. € 100 .... So 264 miles isn't bad (I think they base the calculation on the VAT excluded price).

I wish I had thought of it last summer.... (if it existed, which I suspect it did)...
Old Dec 3, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
So this is how they treat Plat4Life members...
Old Dec 3, 2018, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by KLBGO
So this is how they treat Plat4Life members...
Yes.

This is what I kept telling them, asking "if you treat a PFL in this manner, how would you treat a gold or silver member, not to mention an explorer?"
Old Dec 4, 2018, 4:23 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by carnarvon
Well, in the now defunct system of booking via AF website then through the dedicated page www.airfrance.hotelandbook.com, the reward was 1 miles / € spent.
RIP

You said you earned a lot of miles this way.
yes true but it included also the automatic conversion of LCAH -> FB

I find it good....
i had other partners in mind, if you take a look at the list of offers its mostly one-time offers for very limited amount of miles
Old Jan 26, 2019, 1:13 am

It has been around for a while, as I have discovered a Shopformiles/Accor link in my browser favourites. I don't remember when I did it, which means it was a while ago.

Anyhow, I have made a booking for January at Pullman Dresden and will report on the posting of miles and/or points.

The booking is already showing in my Shopformiles account history for a whopping amount of 264 miles.
I can confifm that you get LCAH points AND FB miles if you book through Shopformiles.

100 euro night got me slightly under 1000 points thanks to status and ongoing promotions as well as 308 miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.