Partnership FlyingBlue / LeClubAccorHotels

Old Jul 25, 2018, 8:59 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Partnership FlyingBlue / LeClubAccorHotels

hello

for your information

it looks like AFKL ended their offer with LCAH without any notice to end users (if yes let me know where it was announced)

i mentionned it in another thread related to pointshound , but it was possible to book hotels to your destinations directly from LCAH and earning extra FB miles (1 mile = 1€) while enjoying LCAH benefits

checked today and now you are redirected to the wonderful page of bookiing.c0m and there you will earn 1 Mile for every €1 spent (same as with LCAH) , but you can forget about your frequent hotel status , as booking is an OTA

[UPDATE] = looks like this offer is not available everywhere . at least not in germany , as my booking was paid from this country and the partnership between LCAH and FB apparently dont include germany

bye

Last edited by fifty_two; Jul 25, 2018 at 1:43 pm
Old Jul 25, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: Some...
Somebody at AFKL wasn't pleased by Accor wanting to acquire AF...

Old Jul 25, 2018, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Please merge with https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/acco...rance-klm.html
Old Jul 25, 2018, 3:02 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
2,000 Accor points can be exchanged into 1,000 FB points. However it makes much more sense to use the 2,000 Accor points at Accor, since this gives you EUR 40.00 off your booking.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 9:39 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meli silver.
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Why? It is a different subject.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 10:00 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meli silver.
It looks like it indeed. I just checked. Btw, it was already the case when using KLM website.

UPDATE: I checked again, this time using the AF app (not AF website).

Well, things haven't changed. We are still taken to an Accor page showing 1 mile earned per Euro spent.

Last edited by carnarvon; Jul 29, 2018 at 8:18 pm
Old Jul 30, 2018, 1:41 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by carnarvon
It looks like it indeed. I just checked. Btw, it was already the case when using KLM website.

UPDATE: I checked again, this time using the AF app (not AF website).

Well, things haven't changed. We are still taken to an Accor page showing 1 mile earned per Euro spent.
the issue was , in my opinion , that such offer is not available in germany

AF redirects you to the country of departur when you want to modify your booking

however as my ticket was booked through an TA , i was redirected to the country of this agency , therefore germany
Old Jul 30, 2018, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by fifty_two
the issue was , in my opinion , that such offer is not available in germany(...)
I unfortunately doubt it.

I logged on Airfrance.fr. Clicked on the hotel tab and was immediately offered booking.com

Gone is the offer for accorhotel website.

The app still offers it though, as I was writing . How long for, no one knows...

The least AF could do would be to inform FB members!
Old Jul 30, 2018, 5:50 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

I unfortunately doubt it.

I logged on Airfrance.fr. Clicked on the hotel tab and was immediately offered booking.com

Gone is the offer for accorhotel website.

The app still offers it though, as I was writing . How long for, no one knows...

The least AF could do would be to inform FB members!
ok , i checked my future bookings with AF/KL and looks like you are right

anyway lets wait and see if others can confirm during following weeks
Old Aug 28, 2018, 10:37 am

ok , i checked my future bookings with AF/KL and looks like you are right

anyway lets wait and see if others can confirm during following weeks
AF website takes you to booking.com
AF app takes you to Accor dedicated website airfrance.hotelandbook.com.

I called FB who told me that the partnership between Accor and FB was ongoing. They suggested I book via the app if I wanted both miles and Accor points and status benefits.

Go figure...
Old Aug 29, 2018, 12:35 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

AF website takes you to booking.com
AF app takes you to Accor dedicated website airfrance.hotelandbook.com.

I called FB who told me that the partnership between Accor and FB was ongoing. They suggested I book via the app if I wanted both miles and Accor points and status benefits.

Go figure...
ok , i made a booking the same way couple of weeks ago and i still havent received my FB miles , after this i thought it wasnt approved so i booked other stays through pointshound

i guess i will need to contact them cause the T&C said it will be posted after 7 weeks but usually its faster
Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:13 am

ok , i made a booking the same way couple of weeks ago and i still havent received my FB miles , after this i thought it wasnt approved so i booked other stays through pointshound

i guess i will need to contact them cause the T&C said it will be posted after 7 weeks but usually its faster
I have not seen the miles neither for stays in July & August.

Spoke with FB who said they were processing the retro-claim.

Have you had any further news?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:07 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

I have not seen the miles neither for stays in July & August.

Spoke with FB who said they were processing the retro-claim.

Have you had any further news?
no , i feel so lazy to try cause its not worthy that much effort for 400 miles

In my opinion , i guess they stopped it , but forgot to share the informations within FB department and also bluelink

the link https://airfrance.hotelandbook.com/ is still available because its still coded somewhere in the app (i guess) , from this link you will be able to book hotels as usual but the ''partnership FB LCAH : 1euro = 1 FB mile'' no longer exists

the only question is to know when they ended this , and then you may be able to retroclaim miles for bookings prior to this date
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:16 am

no , i feel so lazy to try cause its not worthy that much effort for 400 miles

In my opinion , i guess they stopped it , but forgot to share the informations within FB department and also bluelink

the link https://airfrance.hotelandbook.com/ is still available because its still coded somewhere in the app (i guess) , from this link you will be able to book hotels as usual but the ''partnership FB LCAH : 1euro = 1 FB mile'' no longer exists

the only question is to know when they ended this, and then you may be able to retroclaim miles for bookings prior to this date
Guess what: copying https://airfrance.hotelandbook.com into the address bar now takes to airfrance.com website.

However, I just tried a mock booking via the app. It sills says "1 mile for 1 € spent".

What a mess.

P.S. I booked the hotels for this summer via the AF website (not the app), so these bookings shoud be fine. It was a bit of money (more than 400 € ) so I will pursue and let you know.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 2:41 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

What a mess.

P.S. I booked the hotels for this summer via the AF website (not the app), so these bookings shoud be fine. It was a bit of money (more than 400 ) so I will pursue and let you know.
good luck

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.